home about speaking she cares resources contact

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Just an Ounce

Yesterday I felt the Lord speak to me about an ounce of hope.

You see, I will go to great extremes to receive just an ounce of hope when in dire need. Sometimes one small ounce is all it takes. When the darkness is closing in and threatening to blot out the light in life, I feel the desperation.

I don't know about you, but I don't really like feeling desperate. I like feeling hopeful.

Hopeful that things will change. Hopeful that the current darkness is only a temporary sadness, a temporary struggle. I like to hold on to my solid belief that change is coming. Better things are yet to come.

As humans we all need this hope. At times it is downright hard to see and even harder to grasp. Many days I feel as if my fingers are tightly latched over the rim of a deep dark place that I may fall into at any time.

But an ounce of hope. Just an ounce would give me a soft place to land should I fall.

I would definitely go to great extremes to fall in a soft place.

Jesus tells  us that if we only had faith the size of a mustard seed mountains in our lives would move.
Jesus told them. “I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible. ” (Matthew 17:20)

I have mountains.
Physical. Emotional. Mental. Spiritual. Financial. Relational.
Mountains.

Some days when I am feeling especially hopeless in a given situation, I'll go to my pantry and pull out a jar of mustard seed.

They are. Really small. No weight to register on a scale. Hardly a way to hold only one and very easy to hold hundreds at the same time.

Mustard seed.

Faith.

Hope.

Slivers of light in the darkness.

Lord, help me to grab on and watch the mountains in my life move!


2 comments:

Christiana said...

Beautiful.

Praying for hope to flood your soul and fill your heart and mind today.

Kathy S. said...

Lisa, this drew me to my friend who has gone through so many trials, difficult, almost immense, and if it were not for that ray of light, the hope we have in our God working all for good, we would both be very sad. But. We have the honor and privelege of prayer, and pray we do, and God moves and we find victory. So many victories in so much darkness...

Wonderful post. I pray the Lord will meet every need that you have. Bless you!
Kathy