home about speaking she cares resources contact

Friday, August 28, 2009

A Happy Situation


Dear Alyssa,

Today you turn eight-years-old. I can't believe how fast the days have flown by thus far. I remember your sweet little face sleeping in a bassinet that I wheeled around the house all day. And all night. How you loved your sleep! (You still do, sweet girl.)

You are growing into a young lady before my very eyes. I love to see you bloom a little more each day.

I love all your uniqueness that celebrates who you are. I love celebrating who you're becoming. And I look so forward to watching you discover who you were created to be a little more each day. God's plan for you is unfolding before me and I love to watch his work in you. I know his plans for you are simply amazing. I pray this year you will become less concerned with why and fully concentrated on Who.

I pray this for you today and every day: "God smile on you and gift you, God look you full in the face and make you prosper. In so doing, they will place my name on the People of Israel— I will confirm it by blessing them." (Numbers 6:25-27)

Thank you for being my girl. Have a happy birthday full of celebratory wonderfulness. I love you so much!

With all my heart,
Mommy

1 comment:

Lindsey @ A New Life said...

Aw, that is so precious!!