home about speaking she cares resources contact

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Burden and the Blessing

I've posted about this before but the ponderings of my heart deserve some space today. I spent yesterday feeling tired, overwhelmed and a tad bit frustrated. 

All for no reason in particular except that the "responsibilities" of my life weigh me down at times. Some of the responsibilities come with territory. Some get shoved my way due to conflict. Some are the simple price we pay for the blessing.

This is where my heart can get all tangled up in knots. One second I am blinking back tears of discouragement and in the blink of an eye they become tears of gratitude.

And it is in that second I realize we cannot always separate the two. Responsibility and blessing. Because responsibility is the price we pay for the blessing. 

I possess great blessing. I seek even greater blessing. 

Therefore, I carry great responsibility.

Daily I come weary, carrying large responsibilities, heavy burdens. Daily I come seeking rest. 

Praise God! I know Where to find rest. 

Praise God! I serve One whose yoke is easy and gives light burdens. 

Asking Him to make my burden light,
lisa

Matthew 11:28-30
Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”

1 comment:

Sarah Dawn said...

Rejoicing that I too have this rest. I needed this reminder tonight. Thank you dear one.

Blessings from Costa Rica,
Sarah Dawn