home about speaking she cares resources contact

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

An Affair of the Heart

Today I am sending out a call to prayer. Would you all please join me in lifting up my friend Kathy and her son.

Aaron has been hospitalized almost a week with what the doctors think is a virus that has attacked his heart. He went home from the hospital yesterday with a clear bill of health and directions to "just watch it" for the next ten days.

Scary.

As a mother I want to know my children are okay, will be okay, will remain okay. We don't have that assurance. Even if we think we have that assurance, we are disillusioning ourselves. God is the Author of Life and has each second of our lives ordained before we were ever born. He also has the lives of our precious children in His mighty and capable hands.

I've been praying for Kathy's heart. As a mother I know this is heartbreaking to see her child suffer. If you could hear Kathy's story you would see how this is also remarkable redemption at work. I've been seeing things both ways and praying that Kathy would only see Jesus and keep her focus on Him.

Aaron is a freshman football player at The University of Iowa. The coaches have been very understanding. He is missing the first two weeks of intensive practice. 

Imagine.

Eighteen-years-old with a dream. A dream that is becoming reality. Then wham. Something changes that you can't control and how do you feel?

I've been slammed with these thoughts today. I've been pleading with the Lord to heal Aaron's broken  heart. Physically so he can pursue his dreams of football. Emotionally so he can freely pursue his dreams once again. Spiritually so he will only depend on God knowing that no matter what, God is good and His plan is too.

If you have a second, would you lift up Aaron's heart before the Lord? It is where life flows.

Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. Proverbs 4:23




8 comments:

Denise @ A Sacred Longing said...

I will most certainly join with you in prayer for Kathy and Aaron!

Shalom,
Denise

Faye said...

I will be praying!Hope you have a great day! Blessings

Julie Gillies said...

I'm so sorry about Aaron and pray that God has mercy on him and completely heals that young man!

I am reading Kim Woodhouse's new book, "Welcome Home"; an amazing story of her daughter's serious illness and how God has granted them JOY in the midst of much difficulty. It might be a good fit for Aaron and his family.

Rose Ann Coffey said...

Praying God will protect his heart in every dimension.

LisaShaw said...

Absolutely. Praying right now in the name of Jesus for Aaron and his Mom.

Love you.

B His Girl said...

Aaron has been lifted up in prayer. B

Lora said...

Joining you in prayer for Kathy and her son Aaron.

Laura said...

OH! I"m praying for these dear ones. It packs a wallop when such grievous things are so close to home. Praying for you too, Lisa.