home about speaking she cares resources contact

Monday, July 13, 2009

She's Gone


Today my daughter boarded a bus with eighty other elementary-aged children and headed for camp.

Camp. That glorious week of summer where problems vanish, insecurities fade and life is bliss. Pure bliss. 

Fun from dawn 'til dark. Snacks, swimming and sports all day long. Games, songs and campfires await.

But mostly, The Reason. Julia knows the reason she's at camp. That reason is the same as the reason she was created. To worship her Savior.

Would you join me in prayer this week holding her up to the throne of the One we worship?

I'm praying God would meet her in a new way. Show her some of the plans he has for her and made for her life before the foundation of the world. Show her how her passions can bring him glory.

I'm praying Ephesians 3:17-19
My response is to get down on my knees before the Father, this magnificent Father who parcels out all heaven and earth. I ask him to strengthen you by his Spirit—not a brute strength but a glorious inner strength—that Christ will live in you as you open the door and invite him in. And I ask him that with both feet planted firmly on love, you'll be able to take in with all followers of Jesus the extravagant dimensions of Christ's love. Reach out and experience the breadth! Test its length! Plumb the depths! Rise to the heights! Live full lives, full in the fullness of God.

I'm praying because going to summer camp each year changed my life. Camp is where God proved his unending love to a mess of a little girl. Camp is where God reminded a scared and lonely child that God would never leave her. Camp is where God took a self-centered, confused teen and made her into one firmly planted in his love. 

Camp.

It changed me. Every single time I got on that rickety old bus, God prepared me for something. He showed me glimpses of my heart...and his. He revealed my dreams...and his. He saw me there...and I saw him.

Pray for my baby.

And for my nephew who got on that rickety old bus with his cousin...and his Lord.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I am praying...Michael leaves tomorrow, I am excited to see what God does in his life too!!