home about speaking she cares resources contact

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Calling all Pray-ers

This weekend I am speaking at a ladies' retreat in Keller. The YaYa's are having a spiritual retreat. The sisters are getting together. All women are invited. If you are in the area and would like to come, leave a comment and I'll send you the invite and details. 

If you have a second would you say a prayer for me, for us? Once again, I am trying to prepare to speak in what has been a crazy, fun and very full time. I anticipated having all sorts of time while Julia was at Camp Tejas. Didn't happen. Wednesday night when I got home from the late movie, Andrew gave me a wonderful gift. A beach trip itinerary. Fun! Yay! Beach! Sand!

My brother and his family came here Friday morning. We put together bunk beds, sped ate a lunch, packed the Suburban, picked the kids up from camp, dropped the ginormous suitcase filled with nasty, mildewy towels and muddy tennis shoes, reloaded and drove five hours to Corpus.

Fun! I thought I just might have a couple of hours there. Nada. We drove back and forth to Port Aransas, rode banana boats, jet skied, surfed, built sand castles, swam, deep sea fished and shopped for souvenirs. We even sang a little karaoke out by the beach one night. There was time for the awesome beach reflections, reading the Bible and quite possibly the Lord used all of that to further prepare my heart for the message He has for the YaYa's. But words on a paper? Nope.

I'm not saying I don't have the words, I'm just saying they're dancing in my head instead of standing on a page. I have spent this week reminding myself of this fact. God has a message. It is not about me. He invited me to speak His message to the YaYa's and He knew how much time I would have. I am sure that as I sit before Him tonight and wait for His peace to still my dancing head. He will come. He will reign. He will reveal. He will prevail.

I just know it.

Please join me in prayer. The verses for the event are these:

We are ruled by Christ's love for us. We are certain that if one person died for everyone else, then all of us have died. And Christ did die for all of us. He died so we would no longer live for ourselves, but for the one who died and was raised to life for us.We are careful not to judge people by what they seem to be, though we once judged Christ in that way. Anyone who belongs to Christ is a new person. The past is forgotten, and everything is new.  2 Corinthians 5:14-17

6 comments:

Melanie said...

I just prayed for you. I'll check back to see how the retreat went.
Melanie@Bella~Mella

Lindsey @ A New Life said...

Hey! Send me the info...Keller is not that far from me. Have a blessed day!

Lindsey

LisaShaw said...

Praying for you right now and the ladies. I'm SURE God has prepared your heart to speak and theirs to receive. All is well.

Looking forward to hearing all about how He moved in and through you and the ladies.

Love you.

Rose Ann Coffey said...

A new life. A new season. A new time. A new thing. Looking forward to yayaing with you. Love Mom

Rose Ann Coffey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah Dawn said...

Delighted to pray for you. Lord, give her Your words and imprint them on the hearts of her listeners. God will do it! I just had to teach 5 day teaching (4 hours a day) on a topic I had never taught on with a day's notice. All praise to God, He would give me the teaching, including typing it and preparing in only 2 hours each night.

Keep us posted,
Sarah Dawn