home about speaking she cares resources contact

Monday, June 29, 2009

Sorting Laundry and Books

As you may or may not have noticed I've been strangely absent from the Internet world lately.  Usually that means one thing.  My house is sparkling.

Rest assured, that is not the case.  We have started clean up and clean out phase two.  Drawers, closets and hiding spaces are being decluttered and downsized once again.  I mean.  Twice in one year might be a record.  I can't believe I have so much more stuff to get rid of.  Kidding people.  Kidding.  There is plenty more where that came from.  I promise.

Remember I now have a new computer.  Loving it.  Still in the dating, infatuation and getting to know you stage so pardon any weirdness that I do not yet know how to correct.

I promised myself I would start tapping out all of these wonderfulness that is inside my head tonight.  But alas, I decided to fold the laundry.  I haven't gotten this far behind since before I met Elizabeth.  Seriously.  I would take you a picture but then I wouldn't know how to share it.  New computer.  New camera.  Technical novice.

But trust me, it's a ton.  So much that I'm sitting on the couch with my arms propped up on laundry, my feet propped up on laundry and I'm staring at, you guessed it, laundry.  Neatly folded.  Of course.

We started cleaning and hauling this weekend.  The painting will commence soon.  The plans are underway.  Pray.  Please pray.

This week has been insanely crazy.  It's been hot.  Really hot.  It doesn't bother me much except it has made me so stinkin' tired this week.  So here I sit amidst the laundry determined to post something on this here neglected blog.

The heat, work, vacation Bible school and the housework all made me a little cranky and tired this week.  Plus the fact that my wonderful husband hijacked both my old and new computers all week to set me up.  Which, in fact, was extremely kind, loving and heroic of him but slightly inconvenient to me at times.  I was feeling a little burned out and overwhelmed all week. 

I share that with you so you will not only know I am, in fact, totally human but also so you know what a totally perfect, loving and compassionate God I serve.

You see as I was cleaning out yet another shelf of books to take to Half Price Books, I opened one up I had never read before.  All the while, my weary brain was trained on the fact that I feel completely burned out.  Right as I was thinking that my perfect vacation choice of the moment would be a deserted beach...Alone...I opened the previously unread book.  This is what I saw.

"Because of my great love for you I will not allow you to burn out or be consumed.  My compassions and mercies for you are new every day.  Watch me do a new thing!  I will make a way in the desert and provide streams in the wasteland of your life.  Be confident that I'll complete the good work I've begun in you."
--from Lamentations 3:22-23; Isaiah 43:19; Philippians 1:6

Just a word from the Lord renews the weariest of souls.  Weary of laundry and other mundane duties that are never finished is where I started the day.  Confident in His ability to see me through is where I end it.

After I put the laundry away.  All of it!

4 comments:

Sandy at God Speaks Today said...

I enjoyed this post. I envy the cleaning/decluttering you are doing. Though it's hard work, it's so clarifying.

I've been doing nothing but writing...writing, writing, writing....

*sigh*

I like it, but I'll be so happy when this proposal is done.

blessings, dear sis...
Sandy

Beth@Not a Bow in Sight said...

Yes! I am going to pray this scripture over us today :)

Renee said...

I have been absent too with probably not getting going again really until school is back in session! I seem to be in more of a reading frenzy than writing which I suppose is a good alternative.

Well I wish my house was sparkling and decluttered. I am so overwhelmed with that prospect that I just don't do anything! I seem to not have much energy to keep up with it these days. Too busy plucking out gray hairs and hoisting myself up the stairs!

Hugs my friend!

marina said...

I haven't been blogging too much either too busy with my son trying to keep him busy and cool its soooo hot!!
I can't seem to fine any time to keep up with my blog or go visiting someone in the house seems to always keep asking me questions and then I need to stop and I lose my train of thought and stop blogging .
hugs, marina