home about speaking she cares resources contact

Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Mountaintop


I've often said I love those mountaintop experiences with the Lord. I need them. We need them. They help us to keep on keeping the faith when times get rough.

In order to experience God in a face to face way, we need to do some things.

We need to set.

First we need to set our junk aside. Our problems, our wish lists and our expectations must go so we can be ready for what God has.

Then we need to set our hearts on Him. Whatever it is we want, we must want Him more.

Psalm 119:2 "Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) are they who...seek, inquire for and of Him and crave Him with the whole heart."

Now we are prepared to seek Him. We must come to Him with expectant hearts ready to take in His presence.

Jeremiah 29:3 "When you come looking for me, you'll find me, "Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed."

The simple truth is we only seek Him because He sought us first.

John 15:16 "You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name."

Once He's revealed Himself to us, we soak in His goodness, listen for His whisper and receive His revelation.

The more we learn to soak by developing silence and solitude in our lives, the more prepared we are to hear His voice. When we begin to cultivate silence and quiet in our lives, they bleed into our hearts. Then even when our life is loud, our soul can meet with God in the quiet place.

We must build solitude in our lives to possess it in our soul. This is where we find rest.

Once we have shared intimacy with our Lord, we can't help but to share His great love with others.

There are many blessings from the mountain and strength to continue the journey is found when He speaks.

Psalm 118:19-21 "Open for me the gates where the righteous enter and I will go in and thank the Lord. These gates lead to the presence of the Lord and the godly enter there. I thank you for answering my prayer and giving me victory."

1 comment:

B His Girl said...

I love how the Message says, "When you come looking for me, you'll find me....Can we ask for anything more than His Presence????? He is with us wherever we are! Thank you Lord. I am set too! B