home about speaking she cares resources contact

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Instant Beauty


Have you ever lived in a certain spot for so long you never thought things would become any different? Have you ever cried out to the Lord, "How long?" Have you ever wondered if any beauty at all will ever come from your ashes?

I was thinking on how so much has changed so quickly in my life. In an instant things I've been praying about for years started turning. Turning quickly.

When we are in the wait, the wait seems so long. Yet, when we are in the new part of the new beginning, things seem to change so quickly. I like quick changes.

Sometimes I have to get used to new.

Lately, though, I crave new.

I just can't wait to see what my next new adventure is.

Today I am publicly thanking Him for making all things beautiful in their time.

Although, it's been years, it's all happened in an instant.

What new beauty are you anticipating?

"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end." Ecclesiastes 3:11

5 comments:

Beth@Not a Bow in Sight said...

When God called me to be a stay-at-home mom, the change happened very quickly. Now I'm in the waiting room again- guess what I prayed for? Patience!

Brian, Steph and Jada Lee said...

Lisa, I WANT THAT PIC!!! The yellow one with the girls arms raised...where did you find that??? I love reading your blog :)

Lora said...

What a sweet attitude you have Lisa to embrace change. I need that to rub off on me.

Blessings to you!

Rachel Kerbel said...

i love all your inspirational words, yes i know what you mean about waiting! waiting on GOD's timing:)

Lindsey @ A New Life said...

Is it wrong to start praying that my wait will be over and things can happen in an instant over here :-)

Love love love this post and the encouragement it brings!