home about speaking she cares resources contact

Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Flow of Summer


I am feeling the obligation to post something here in case I have any readers left after my crazy dive into summer. I do long to share my weekend with you. After all, it was amazing and in a large part that was due to you and your prayers, bloggy friends.

Earlier last week I received an email from a friend that I admire much yet talk with little due to the fact we live in different places. However, the crazy world of Facebook has made keeping up easier and well, way more fun. Her email went something like this, "Lisa, just open up your mouth and let your gift flow out from you."

How did God know that was exactly what I needed to hear at that exact moment? Let me explain.

The weeks preceding the Gateway Ladies Retreat were incredibly cra-zy. Just so many school ceremonies and end-of-the-school-year needs not to mention my quest to find the perfect summer sitter and entertain the children as our schedules changed and shifted in an attempt to adjust quickly to summer time. Whoo! Makes me tired trying to relive it all in type!

I felt the Lord giving me a message to share. In my mind this message took a clear form with a nice, neat, make-your-English-teacher-smile outline. In reality it took on something-resembling-a-rambling-somewhat-cohesive-but-lacking-in-detail outline.

In short, God threw this retreat together! He placed me in a position to fully rely on Him and He did it. Just as He said He would when He called me to this place in January.

We serve an amazing God who loves each and everyone of us enough to do exceedingly more than we could ever ask or imagine. That's how the retreat was.

I will fill you all in more as I return to my bloggy routine. Now that laundry's under control, schedules are flowing and sweet, relaxing, summertime laughter fill my home. Along with ice cream. Lots of ice cream.

I'm going to get some ice cream.

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."

2 comments:

Yolanda said...

Sounds like lots of joy in your home and heart....

LisaShaw said...

Praise the LORD!! He knows what He's doing dear sister. You are in His will.

Love ya.