home about speaking she cares resources contact

Monday, June 01, 2009

Crazy Dreams


My life is a whirlwind right now and tomorrow looks crazy as well. I know I'll already be running late when I wake up in the morning...Not that I'll wake up late but that you have to do certain things during normal waking hours and I quite simply don't have enough of those.

I just need a few more hours of daytime so that I can run as far as I want, make as many calls as I need and get all my groceries in one long trip.

My days are full of fast movements and quick turns. I feel like I'm driving fast on a hilly road holding on for dear life. Crazy. But that's tomorrow. For now, I sit reflecting on my today.

Earlier I did what any sane mother who had no time would do. I took my children to see Up.

Now I had already read some reviews and even heard part of the story. I knew to expect to cry. I just didn't know how much.

The movie was absolutely fabulous. I cried all the way through it. I even laughed while I was crying and I can't stop thinking about all the wonderfulness in the story. I am taking Andrew back to see it. I think it is the most romantic movie I've seen in many years. Who knew cartoons and classical music could tell such a heartwarming and heartbreaking tale?

I won't spoil it but I will tell you that I learned many lessons in Up and I'm sure many more as I continue to think on this inspiring story.

As I watched Up, I saw a boy with a dream become a man with a plan. I watched that man mature into someone that saw the value of time and risks, although a little too late. I saw a desperate old man willing to go to great measures to make his dreams come true and in the process learned many truths.

Sometimes it doesn't always look like you imagined.

Dreaming dreams true takes courage and outside-the-box thinking.

True love inspires us to movement.

Intrusions, annoyances and distractions are not always what they seem.

The end doesn't always justify the means.

The stuff that defines our dreams must be let go of so that our dreams can spread their wings and fly.

You can go further when you let go.

It's okay if the vision changes along the way.

Just because it turns out a little differently doesn't mean you've failed.

Sometimes the dream is right before your eyes and you just can't see it.

I loved this movie more than my children did. They loved it. I loved, loved it. I'll share more after I take Andrew.

Take a break from the chaos. Go see Up and be inspired.

8 comments:

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

I have seen it twice already. So good, I did laugh and cry.

~*Michelle*~ said...

Oh now you have me even more excited to take my daughter....and I'll remember to grab the tissues!

thanks!

Yolanda said...

I've not even heard of this movie. This is one of the very things I love about my Sisters-in-Christ that blog....sharing of the GOOD and the BEST. Good is stuff here on earth and The Best is Jesus in our lives.

Love to you!

B His Girl said...

Lisa, you have convinced me I need to see this. thank, B

Wendy Blight said...

My son wants me to take him to see this tomorrow. I was not sure because I did not know anything about it. Now you have really made me curious and excited to see it with him. Thanks for sharing!!!

ENJOY today,

Wendy

LisaShaw said...

Sounds interesting Sweetie.

I came by to say I love you.

Sandy at God Speaks Today said...

Now I can't wait to see it!!!! Thanks!

Lindsey @ A New Life said...

My husband and I cried through this movie too...it was so precious and so sweet and so affirming!

Wanted to also stop by and thank you for your words and encouragement over the last few weeks. I have really appreciated them!

Love you,
Lindsey