home about speaking she cares resources contact

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Rhythms


In two days summer will officially be here. Camps are starting. Pools are opening. Excitement is in the air.

I am excited. The children are excited. We love summer.

Two days.

I feel the pressure. Two days to find the rhythm of summer.

I don't function well without rhythm. Mine is unique and a little fast. More rapid and with less repetition and very little rests than most but one that I love. One that I will miss dearly if I don't find it in time.

Two days to find the rhythm that sings a melody with some parts of harmony instead of a ruckus that hurts my ears. And my head. And, in turn, unfortunately, my heart.

Two days to take a handful of notes resembling a cacaphony and produce a symphony that when coupled with our life story will write a beautiful score.

Thankfully, I know just the Composer for this job.

I want us to dance through this summer without tripping on each other's feet.

This summer is sure to be exciting, fun and well, over before we know it. That's why I'm praying for rhythm this week.
"Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom." Psalm 90:12

4 comments:

Faye said...

What a beautiful post.Hope you have a great day! Blessings, Faye

LisaShaw said...

Hey Sweetie,

I'm excited about the summer too. I'm definitely a rhythm and flavor girl so I can understand.

I pray a great summer for you and your family.

Love you.

Melanie said...

Me, too.
Melanie@Bella~Mella

Beth@Not a Bow in Sight said...

I am praying for the same thing, Lisa! I hope you have a fabulous summer :)