home about speaking she cares resources contact

Friday, May 08, 2009

Our Liz-a-beth


Meet Elizabeth. Or Lizbah as Palmer calls her. She is our Aggie. There are lots here in our town but she is ours. She is my young college maiden, offering to serve me and share her heart with me as we keep our arms busy. The purpose of our friendship is mentoring, the sharing of life experiences together. I have lots of life experiences to share, lots of things I wish I'd done better to share and lots of laundry to share.
This semester Elizabeth has been a huge blessing to me. She comes. She cleans. She helps with homework. She shuttles kids. She loves the children. She loves me. She absolutely loves Jesus.

And she folds laundry. Lots of laundry.
Next week Elizabeth is leaving for the summer. So sad for us. But she is coming back. Coming back in the fall are some of my favorite words to say in the same sentence as Aggie. Because lots of times Aggies don't come back in the fall. sniff. sniff.

Lizbah's coming back and we will be ready!

Would you join me in praying a blessing over her serving hands and loving heart as she ministers to her own family this summer? Pray that she finishes finals well, serves her family in love and finds maidens of her own to mentor.
"She...gets [spiritual] food...and assigns her maids their tasks." Proverbs 31:15



"By looking at them (the older women), the younger women will know how to love their husbands and children, be virtuous and pure, keep a good house, be good wives. We don't want anyone looking down on God's Message because of their behavior...But mostly, show them all this by doing it yourself, incorruptible in your teaching, your words solid and sane. Then anyone who is dead set against us, when he finds nothing weird or misguided, might eventually come around." Titus 2:4-8

7 comments:

Melanie said...

How blessed you both are!
Melanie@Bella~Mella

B His Girl said...

Liz-a-beth,

May God keep you close while you are away. I pray the summer will be filled with much love and fun with your family. B

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

Oh how I love our Aggies and wouldn't know what to do without them, have lost several...sniff, sniff, but they come back to visit. I will be pray for Elizabeth.

~*Michelle*~ said...

What an amazing blessing you both are to each other.....praise God!

(I am assuming an Aggie is like an Au Pair?)

Happy Mother's Day!

ps. I also posted about Proverbs 31 for a Mother's Day reflection if you feel like peeking on over my world.

Pat said...

This was so sweet. Made me want to meet Lizba!. I pray that your summer is filled with many memories for you to share with one another when Fall rolls back around! It will be in the blink of an eye!
I am on the opposite side, my college daughter Julianna is home for the summer! I am in Mom heaven!!
Enjoy!
Blessings,
Pat

LisaShaw said...

This is so precious Lisa!

Happy Mother's Day dear one. You are such a beautiful sister with a precious family.

Love ya!

Elizabeth said...

I love you so much, Lisa!! Thank you all who are praying for me. That is so humbling. People I have never met are praying for me and for my family. I love God. I love the body. I love community. You all are such a blessing to my heart! Thank you, Lisa, for your encouraging words. As always, they come at just the right time. I love you and can't wait to see you soon!