home about speaking she cares resources contact

Thursday, May 07, 2009

National Day of Prayer

In honor of the National Day of Prayer, I want to introduce you to a new bloggy friend. Lisa is a woman who love Jesus, prays fiercely and encourages freely. When I began to prepare my heart to lift our nation up today, I thought of Lisa and her faithfulness in prayer. She is truly one who calls warriors together, leading an entire army to storm the throne room and defeat the enemy. So visit her, encourage her and pray lifting our Savior's name while you're there.

Father, I thank you for being King today. King of heavens King of earth. I thank you for the privilege of living here in America where we are free to worship You, free to study Your word and free to speak Your name.

Today I lift our nation, our leaders, our government to you. Lord, I thank you that you are greater, mightier, bigger than America. I thank you that you are a God who forgives sin and changes men's hearts when we humble ourselves before you.

Lord, have mercy on our nation. Forgive our pride, our arrogance, our indulgence, our greed. Make us into a nation that fears you. I pray for the church in America. Lord, make us into one that shares our resources, cares for the poor, believes in miracles and lives the Word of God.
Jesus, give us boldness to declare your name and deeds to all men.

Lord, heal our land! "If My people, who are called by My name, shall humble themselves, pray, seek, crave, and require of necessity My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14

"Let your unfailing love surround us, Lord, for our hope is in you alone." Psalm 33:22

4 comments:

Lora said...

Amen and amen!

Rose Ann Coffey said...

Let us take advantage of our freedom by proclaiming the name of Jesus today. Lord we lift your Name on high today as we declare your Goodness over our nation. Amen

LisaShaw said...

I stand in prayer with you my sweet sister on this and every day.

I'm extremely humbled by your words and I GIVE OUR GOOD GOD ALL THE GLORY for any way that he uses our lives.

May we continue to press in prayerfully and carefully as we keep our eyes toward heaven.

I love you.

Tea With Tiffany said...

Love Lisa!!

Thank you for sharing your powerful prayer.