home about speaking she cares resources contact

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Give me Words


I wanted to sit down and write but try as I might words did not come.

Instead I thought of all the places I must go at morning's light, how few hours of sleep I'll get, the craziness it will take to get lots of children to many different places all at the same time, how we don't have enough time to do homework tomorrow night and how the baby will once again go without a nap into a very late and long night. That's what is in my mind.

Since I lacked my own words of wisdom, I turned where I so often do for a word of wisdom. I found this. "when my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the towering rock of safety...Then I will sing praises to your name forever as I fulfill my vows each day."

Psalm 61 expresses my internal ruckus so very well. My prayer is that as I live this crazy chaos that is my life I will sing praises to His name remembering all the blessings that brought the many, many responsibilities.

Blessings. It is a blessing to have great responsibility. God's word is clear. "From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked." Luke 12:48

Lord, may I stay focused on you as you keep me from being overwhelmed. I praise you for these many young children you have entrusted me with. May I be faithful to guide them in all righteousness and love them with a fierce unconditional love. I wait on you, my strength. You are my strong tower. My towering rock of safety. Lead me there. Amen

6 comments:

Yolanda said...

Lisa, my heart beats as yours but in a bit of a different light. Lord, thank You for today, and what do You have for me this day. Amen.

(Retired just less than 10 days ago and I so want what God wants of me) Lovingly, Yolanda

LisaShaw said...

I stand praying with you sweet sister. I so love the LORD AND HIS WORD!

B His Girl said...

Hang in there girl! God has a word for you. B

TRUTH SHARER said...

Lisa, you painted a beautiful word picture here! Focus on the LORD HIMSELF - is where we all need to be. I love the TRUTH that you shared here! Bless you.

Choosing JOY,
Stephanie
[JESUS - the One I Worship]

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

Oh, to keep my eyes focused on Him amongst this chaos and these circumstances...He is what keeps me going. Thank you for sharing Psalm 61.

Sheryl said...

Wow...I just read your comment on my blog and had to pop over. You are right, when God is speaking the same verse to others, He is on the move.

It is so refreshing for me to hear how you want to be grateful for the "chaos" that is really a blessing. After the many months of my illness, I tired of hearing others complain about the things I so longed to do. God is bringing me healing and I hope to always see those things as blessings from now on.

Did not mean to write you a novel here. Thanks for the good word!