home about speaking she cares resources contact

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Enough

(This year's Easter post is part of Angela's Easter carnival. Go visit to be encouraged!)

The power of the cross lies in and of the fact that it held no power. The cross could not keep our Lord dead.

As a woman I hear lies whispered in my ear all day long. I am told I am not good enough, perfect enough, orderly enough, gentle enough, energetic enough...I am not enough. The worst kinds of lies are the true lies. You know the ones. These are the lies that take something truthful about you and blow it so out of proportion it once again, becomes about you instead of about Christ in you.

My deepest desire is to be a godly wife, mother, friend and lady. I have walked this journey long enough to know that I cannot do this without Him. Not for one single second can I walk on my own two feet in my own strength. The power in my life lies in and of the fact that it has no power...without His. My life, like the cross, has no power apart from Him.

Truthfully, I do not have what it takes to become like Him. I desperately need Him to work in me so that He, not I, will shine through me. Every.single.day.all.day.long I try. My heart so longs to honor my Savior that every.single.mistake breaks my heart. In a perfect world with no sin, sickness or sadness, I could receive Him and stop making mistakes.

Yet in our fallen world, the lies whispered and judgments conveyed make me feel shame, condemnation, inadequacy and inferiority. The odd thing is the condemnation itself reminds my mind that these are lies. Romans 8:1 tells me "There is no condemnation for those that are in Christ Jesus."

Apart from Him the cross has no power. It remains an instrument of death. Just like my life. With Him the cross is transformed into a symbol of life and victory. Just like my life!

I am so thankful that the blood that flowed from His side down the foot of a wooden cross and poured over the sin soaked earth is still sinking into my world. I am so aware that I need the blood that flowed so long ago to flow over my heart each day. I am so thankful that the blood that flowed is still forgiving and still cleansing today. I am so thankful that the sacrificial Lamb is still enough...He is enough.

Precious is the blood that is still forgiving, still cleansing, still renewing, still satisfying after all these years. That blood of my precious Redeemer is bathing my life with purpose. That blood that flowed from Heaven Himself into a sin soaked world is still buying freedom and life for anyone who believes today...Anyone who believes that the power of the cross lies int he fact that it couldn't kill True Life. Perfect Love conquers even death!

"If we [freely] admit that we have sinned and confess our sins, He is faithful and just (true to His own nature and promises) and will forgive our sins [dismiss our lawlessness] and [continuously] cleanse us from all unrighteousness [everything not in conformity to His will in purpose, thought, and action]." 1 John 1:9

So glad He lives!!!

7 comments:

Angela said...

Beautiful Lisa, I am so glad you participated. It is so true that we are not enough nor are we suppose to be enough--we were meant to be completed with Christ, not on our own. Beautiful thoughts.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Rarely, have I ever felt "enough." That's why God's "more than enough" is so important as we view our Christian walk. When we begin to see ourselves bathed in his truth, then we are better able to leave our "less than" thoughts behind and take hold of what it truly means to be a loved child of God.

Blessings to you as you walk to the cross this week. It is my joy to walk it with you.

peace~elaine

Luanne said...

I am so glad, too. Have an awesome Easter!

Anonymous said...

Precious Lisa!! Every single word you wrote is so so true!! He is enough for us!! I have to remember that! Reading your words makes me get excited to actually get to live life with you next weekend and get to be around your wise Godly precious gentle self. I love you and have a blessed Easter weekend as you bask in the Father's love. Love , Loretta

LisaShaw said...

Thank you for sharing dear sister. We're on this glorious journey together. Much love as we celebrate that our SAVIOR LIVES!

Laura said...

so powerful, Lisa!

Can you hear my "Amen" resonating from up here in WV?

Norse, Jesica, and Boden said...

This made me think of this song: "What can make me whole again? Nothing but the blood of Jesus!" Glory be to God that he paid the price to make us whole again!