home about speaking she cares resources contact

Friday, April 03, 2009

She Speaks Still

Today the She Speaks scholarship winners were announced. Although I didn't win, I was stretched and blessed beyond measure by the process of entering. God shared with me early on that the first step in getting to attend She Speaks (whether this year or in the future) was to enter this contest and breathe words into my, until now, silent dream. Just as God breathed life into this world by speaking, He's calling me to breathe life into my dreams by speaking them outloud and not just to myself but to others. My responsibility in this adventure is to simply obey. I know the journey is just beginning and I can't wait to take the next step!

"And God said...And it was so...And God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:24-25

You should definitely go here to meet the winners. You will leave blessed. I promise.

And, in case you're wondering if I was struggling with any discouragement or doubt today...God had me booking a trip for just my fabulous hubby and me here!!!
Feast your eyes on this!

Thank you, Jesus, I know that no matter where you take me next it will surpass my wildest dreams. I am forever indebted to You.

"No one's ever seen or heard anything like this, Never so much as imagined anything quite like it— What God has arranged for those who love him.But you've seen and heard it because God by his Spirit has brought it all out into the open before you." 1 Corinthians 2:9 The Message

9 comments:

Julie Gillies said...

Hi Lisa,

Thanks so much for the kind words you left on my blog. Even more, thank you for your prayers for my health! I'm incredibly grateful!

Blessings to you!

Rachel B said...

Lisa,
I feel so much like you do. I feel like entering the contest wasn't so much about me winning, but more about me stepping out in faith to share what God has laid on my heart. It really took me out of my comfort zone just to write those words knowing that others would read them. In fact, one of my good friends read the blog. Now, I'm going to be held accountable for sure. That's good!

I know the Lord has called me to speak (and write). I know that since He is calling me, He will provide the way. It's the same for you too. Isn't that so reassuring?!

Like you, I don't know if I'll be able to attend She Speaks this year or in the future. However, I do know that thing will work out in God's perfect timing. Once again that's so reassuring...my life is in His hands. You're too. He is so good to us!!

Have a blessed weekend.

His Girl said...

I didn't enter this year, the dates didn't line up with my calendar, but I totally hope to go next year- how fun would it be to see you there?!?!

Kathy S. said...

I cannot go this year either (too close to my baby's wedding), but I pray that God will make a way for you to go this year!

Nothing is impossible for those who believe!

Laura said...

Bummer. You have the right attitude, Lisa. I'll keep praying that everything goes well with planning for Shespeaks. I still havent' decided if I can attend this year or not.

Better hurry, huh?

marina said...

I hope you get too go, marina

B His Girl said...

Hi Lisa,

God has something planned for you that is beyond your imagination. I am so glad you are looking to His plans. Like the beach scene. Are you going along the Texas, AL, or FL coast? B

B His Girl said...

Oh Lisa I forgot to say, Yes, you still speak. To speak His words, we only need to hear. Love ya, B

Beth@Not a Bow in Sight said...

What an amazing picture!

Lisa,
I gave you an award over at my blog. Thanks for your encouraging words!

Beth