home about speaking she cares resources contact

Monday, April 13, 2009

A Place of Rest


"Come to me...and I will give you rest."
Matthew 11:28

I have a resting place
Where I go to seek Your face
Where I can run to hide
Freely walk by your side

I have a hiding place
Where I go to feel Your grace
Honestly confess my sin
Fully cleansed, once more begin

I have a seeking place
Where I go to find new grace
Come, let Your Spirit flow
Like a river, make me whole

I have a healing place
Where I go to sing Your praise
Here I leave all my hurts
As I yield to Your works

I have a praying place
Where I can receive Your grace
Here You hide me in Your wings
Release to me all good things

I have a sharing place
Where I go to speak Your grace
Telling others of Your love
Salvation come from up above

I have a trusting place
Where I go to know Your grace
Clearly You state Your will
Step by step You lead me still
Please pray with us for safe travel today. I will post as I am able.

6 comments:

Joyful said...

Did you write that? ABSOLUTELY beautiful. How it has ministered to my heart this morning.

I have a 'needing place' and your words here have touched me greatly and filled me with His love and grace.

Hugs,
Joy

Yolanda said...

Blessings upon your travels as well as YOUR MEETING PLACE.

Love,
Yolanda

Wilhelmine Mitchell said...

Your poem is beautiful & moving!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL POEM. THANKS FOR STOPPING BY MY BLOG...I LOVE THE FISHING PICTURE, TOO. STOP BACK BY SOON AND MEET BABY JACK, OUR LITTLE MIRACLE.

His Hers Ours and Autism said...

I'm so glad that you were able to go on your trip. Take a breath! You're on your way! Isn't it a strange feeling to sit on the airplane leaving your world behind? It's at that moment that I take a deap breath. The control of my life, my children, is completely in the grip of my Lord; and, I realize at that moment that things will be better than if I were there.

Angela said...

Beautiful poem and I will be praying for you!