home about speaking she cares resources contact

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

The Year of Yes


I've been thinking lots about Moses lately. But wherever Moses is, Aaron's not far behind, even in my mind.

I love the story of Moses. I love it for a million reasons. Preserved from birth, restored to his mother's breast and chosen to deliver. He was slow to speak, unsure of himself and hesitant in responding. He runs from his sin, burns with righteous anger and views the promised land from a distance.

Yet God says things like this about him:

"The LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks with his friend...(Now Moses was very humble—more humble than any other person on earth.)...he is the one I trust. I speak to him face to face, clearly, and not in riddles! He sees the Lord as he is." Exodus 33:11 & Numbers 12:3,7 & 8

To Moses' credit he returns when he runs, repents when he sins and answers "yes" when God calls. He sees God's glory, glows with it even and raises the next generation to fear God. Truly a man who fulfills God's destiny in his life by walking it out and living with no regrets.

But before he would go, he tells God he needs Aaron. A right hand man. Someone to help carry the load. Someone to speak. Someone to stand in the limelight. Someone who was strong where Moses was weak. Aaron.

I get this. My life's theory is "If one can do it, think about the fun it would be for two." Seriously. I like together. I'm a BFF kind of girl. I don't want to go alone. In fact, we weren't created to.

I don't enjoy walking to the beat of my own drum. I've always wanted company. I'm fine with being the right hand gal. Do you need someone to help, to speak, to serve? I'm your girl.

When God calls, I want to be ready. I want to say yes. I don't want to hesitate. Ask for a friend. Whine. Question. I want to rely totally on God. I want to say yes!

Lately the Lord's been challenging me. Am I willing to go where he calls...even if it means I go alone? What if fulfilling my destiny in him requires me to start stepping...all by myself...Just me and him?

His invitation has been extended. Just as God didn't want to hear Moses' excuses, he doesn't want to hear mine. I'll be lonely. No one will understand. I'm too busy. There's not enough time. I'm not worthy. No one will listen. No one is interested.

All God wants is my yes. My unhesitant, nervously excited, enthusiastic, choosing belief over doubt yes.

Yes, Lord, wherever you call, I will go. Wherever you lead, I will follow. If you need someone to help, to speak, to serve, a right hand gal...That's me.

I'm your girl!

Let this be my year of yes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just discovered your blog. Loved this post; we are doing Beth Moore's A Woman's Heart God's Dwelling Place, and Moses is near and dear to me in this season. God has also called me to a time of aloneness. It is revealing some things about me that I didn't know, and I, too, am learning to say "yes" to Him in circumstances that are strange!

marina said...

love Mosos I think we can all learn form him and to have the Lord come down to speak to him in a pillar of cloud I think I would really love that, marina

Yolanda said...

A beautiful heart you have! What a true blessing. Isn't it so sweet that God's word is coming more and more alive??!!!

Lovingly,
Yolanda

Runner Mom said...

Hey, Lisa! Just hopped over to visit your blog form Yolanda's! This is great! I love your thoughts on Moses and Aaron.

Soemtimes it is so hard to say "yes!" But if we want to turst Him, we have to be obedient to His calling! Baby steps, girlfriend, just baby steps!

Have you read "What Happens When Women Say 'Yes' to God" by Lysa TerKeurst? If not, you must! God truly spoke to me thru this awesome book!!Go to the Proverbs 31Ministries webbiste.

Hugs,
Susan

B His Girl said...

I want to always say yes too. Great Post Lisa. B