home about speaking she cares resources contact

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Spring Cleaning


Okay guys, I can't talk right now, I'm cleaning. Daylight savings brought with it boundless energy for me. I love me some daylight savings time. I am by nature a slow riser. Anytime I wake up, ready to go, before the sun is a miracle. Even in the non-daylight savings time months, I slug through the mornings. Now, God has worked a miracle in me. I can get up now. I can get a move on before 7 AM. A slow move on but a move on none the less. I always feel the challenge...Will I or won't I? Get out of bed on time this day. I feel it every.single.day.

Remember, I now have my wake up thought. The first thing that goes through my mind each morning is, "Today is the day my destiny is fulfilled." Or some variation thereof.

Right now, I'm up to my neck in stuff. It's thick around here and knee deep in most rooms. So far I am three closets, 12 drawers and 1.5 rooms down, clean, organized, done. The race is on and I will finish strong! I cleaned and organized mine first. The first thing I see each morning and the last thing I see each night is blessed organization and neatness. This blended with my wake up thought and daylight savings...whew! Seriously, gotta run!

My prayer, may I clean out my heart as much as my home this week. Wash me with the word, Lord. Search my heart, show me where I need to scrub. Reveal what needs to be tossed and bring on the change!!! I love freshness. I love order. I love function. I love purpose. I love spring. I love new.

All this to say...I can't talk gotta clean.

"Alive and on our feet, fit to face him.We're ready to study God, eager for God-knowledge.As sure as dawn breaks, so sure is his daily arrival.He comes as rain comes, as spring rain refreshing the ground." Hosea 6:3

13 comments:

Deanna said...

loved this post :O)

B His Girl said...

Hi Lisa,

I am glad you enjoyed your box. How cool that you went to school with Chris Tomlin. I love that lotion also. Enjoy cleaning inside and out. I'm off to do the same. B

Melanie Dorsey said...

Last week I organized my bedroom a bit since I had an old friend coming for a quick visit. Just in case, she peeked in through my door, I didn't want to look like a total slob! Usually my room is last on the list but I like your thought of it being the first and last "organized" view.
I like that a lot!
Melanie@Bella~Mella

Lora said...

My grandmother told me yesterday that she had 83 years of stuff in her attic. I told her I would love to organize it for her - and I would. Organizing is fun to me!

I join in your prayer to clean out my heart like I clean out my home.

Blessings to you dear one!

Sheryl said...

Fantastic!

Sheryl

Luanne said...

Oh, pray for that same miracle for me, too!

Wendy Blight said...

Lisa,

Love this...you made me think when you said you want to clean out your heart like you do your home. I am a huge clean freak!!! When my son was in first grade, the teacher gave them a fill-in-the- blank about their parents. I laughed so hard when I read his which said, "My mom loves to _____." He wrote clean!! So sad.

Seriously though, I never thought about "cleaning" my heart before. You have given me something to ponder in my next quiet time!! Thank you!

Blessings,

Wendy

Lighthouse Prayer Line said...

Hi Lisa,

Great post! Very insightful!

Hey. If you get the opportunity, would you
please pray for the many requests that may
be found on our main page?

May the Lord bless and enrich your ministry!! :)

Mark, Lynn, Brooke & Carley Seay
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org

ps - please consider "following" our blog -or- atleast
grab one of our free, linking, blue buttons (top
sidebar @ LighthousePrayerLine.org). Be
blessed and be a blessing!

pss - FREE subscription for animated gospel tracts at:
http://www.emailministry.webs.com

Kathy S. said...

You Go Girl!!! I was just thinking I need to take a week and STAY HOME so I can clean out my basement & other places. A Home retreat, wouldn't that be grand?

Joyful said...

Lisa, I'm in the middle of preparing a message for May, "Unclutter your heart". We're hosting a ladies event at our church around the theme of "Spring Cleaning". A gal is going to do a feature on organizing our home, and I'm speaking on a heart's clean sweep.

Man looks at the outward, but God looks at the heart.
You go girl,
Joy

Lindsey @ A New Life said...

I love this post especially the verse at the end!!! I've missed you!

Sandy at God Speaks Today said...

You go, girl! I'm right there with ya!

I love your morning thought. I need to get me one of those. One that is not, "oh crap" or "when do I get to go back to sleep?" or "shut up."

Yeah, the destiny version is so much more inspiring.

Sandy

MOMSWEB said...

I had a great first visit with you this morning! Have a joyful day in Motherhood.