home about speaking she cares resources contact

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Prepared




The main thing in this week's reading that has captured me is the ark of the covenant.

This place made to contain God's presence.

As I was reading all the many, many, many specifications to building the Ark, the main feeling that engulfed me was gratitude.

I am so thankful that I do not have specifications to meet before I can prepare myself to be a vessel of God's presence. All I have to do is come as I am. He is there. Meeting me. Waiting to indwell me.

"And now you Gentiles have also heard the truth, the Good News that God saves you. And when you believed in Christ, he identified you as his own by giving you the Holy Spirit, whom he promised long ago. The Spirit is God’s guarantee that he will give us the inheritance he promised and that he has purchased us to be his own people. He did this so we would praise and glorify him." Ephesians 1:13-14 NLT

The God of Moses. The God of the universe. The God of my life. Emmanuel. God with us. God in us. God in me. Ordinary, average me. Extraordinary, awesome God.

"If you only look at us, you might well miss the brightness. We carry this precious Message around in the unadorned clay pots of our ordinary lives. That's to prevent anyone from confusing God's incomparable power with us. As it is, there's not much chance of that. You know for yourselves that we're not much to look at. We've been surrounded and battered by troubles, but we're not demoralized; we're not sure what to do, but we know that God knows what to do; we've been spiritually terrorized, but God hasn't left our side; we've been thrown down, but we haven't broken. What they did to Jesus, they do to us—trial and torture, mockery and murder; what Jesus did among them, he does in us—he lives! Our lives are at constant risk for Jesus' sake, which makes Jesus' life all the more evident in us. While we're going through the worst,
you're getting in on the best!" 2 Corinthians 4:7-12 The Message

3 comments:

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

I am so glad that He meets me right where I am...there is no othere requirements othere than wanting to meet with Him.

B His Girl said...

I love these verses in the Message. He is prepared to reveal Himself in and thru us if we are open. Yes, we are open Lisa! I love the verse about missing His brightness. I may need to explore that more today. Thanks, B

Melanie said...

This hits home:

"We've been surrounded and battered by troubles, but we're not demoralized; we're not sure what to do, but we know that God knows what to do; we've been spiritually terrorized, but God hasn't left our side; we've been thrown down, but we haven't broken."

Yes, sometimes we are not sure what to do, but we know that God knows what to do...
I'm so glad we can depend on the omniscient God.
Melanie@Bella~Mella