home about speaking she cares resources contact

Friday, February 27, 2009

Power in the Blood


"for the life of the body is in its blood. I have given you the blood on the altar to purify you, making you right with the Lord. It is the blood, given in exchange for a life, that makes purification possible." Leviticus 17:11

Once again I am reminded of God's power. The need for a sacrifice of perfection to cover a multitude of sin. One who is perfect. He shed His blood. For you. For me.

He shed His perfect blood from His perfect body ending His perfect life.
Releasing His power.
For all to receive.
Forgiveness.
Sharing in His blessing.
The inheritance.
The blood that held the power, holds the power.
To give.
To forgive.
But that wasn't, isn't the end of the story.
To live.
He shed His blood and He died yet, He lives.

"But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness." 1 John 1:9

6 comments:

Laura said...

Amen, Lisa!

Such a beautiful post. Contemplating these things during Lent fills me up.

:)laura

Yolanda said...

Cool thoughts...I love that it WASN'T nor is it the end of the story.

Blessings,
Yolanda

B His Girl said...

Power in the blood. We have been given much. Thank you Jesus. Lisa, my speaking engagement was good. It was a second time visit to this group. I was embraced from the moment I entered the door. That was a blessing personally to me. B

Kathy S. said...

Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing...(singing back to you!lol) What wondrous love is this, O my soul?

How can I keep from singin'?

I could tie this into my latest post about holiness, how Jesus is the answer...

You are shining!

LisaShaw said...

PRAISE THE LORD LISA!

I had to come on over to see who left that powerful prayer of agreement on my blog tonight. It blessed me so that I cried with you and shouted with praise, LIFE IN JESUS NAME!!!

Then when I popped over and saw this post I knew we were sisters!!! POWER IN THE BLOOD!! GLORY TO GOD!

Just TODAY I was singing that old song, "There's power power wondering working power in the BLOOD OF THE LAMB..."

I know I'm going to enjoy getting to know you and praising our LORD together and praying for the needs of others together.

I see you have some really wonderful and precious sisters in Christ here as well. Praise God.

And...we have the same name (smile).

LisaShaw said...

And silly me I forgot to say your kids are so absolutely precious!