home about speaking she cares resources contact

Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Grass is Dancing


"Look Mom, the grass is dancing across the field."

This is what my nine-year-old daughter said today as we were driving down the road.

It was terribly gusty here in Texas today. Not just windy. I mean the kind of wind that takes a Texas tumbleweed down the trail and on the way it just hangs in mid-air for a few minutes standing still in the midst of a never-ending-chilling-to-the-bone, blow-ya-to-death wind.

We'd been at the softball fields...blowing. The soccer fields...weighting ourselves down. Moving out of another office...holding onto furniture threatening to sail off into the way blue yonder.

We were on our way to lunch.

The "field" was the median to the highway.

I had secretly been un-enjoying the wind all day long.

Julia's statement made me stop and take in the beauty of the wind. The life and liveliness in movement. The realization that there is beauty in every kind of storm and hidden in each day's trials. We need but look.

It also convicted me.

I was so not crying out praises to my Creator this day...yet, even the rocks cry out...the grass dances before Him.

Lord, let me join all your creation in praising your mighty name.

"Sing to the LORD, all the earth. ...let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them." Psalm 96: 1&12

7 comments:

Joyful said...

I love the word picture your daughter created, describing the grass as dancing, blown by the wind.

God's Spirit is likened to the wind in John 3:8, "The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."

May His Spirit in me move my life to dance,
Joy

Yolanda said...

This is precious and the next time, which could be any minute here in Southwest Kansas, that the wind blows....the prairie grass is dancing!

Lovingly,
Yolanda

Wendy Blight said...

Lisa,

Thank you for reading Hidden Joy and for sharing how the breath prayer has become a part of your day. It is a tiny but powerful and effective way to pray as we remind ourselves throughout the day of God's Truth. Please keep me posted and let me know how God uses this prayer to do His transforming work in your life.

Blessings to you,

Wendy

Wendy Blight said...

Lisa,

Thank you for reading Hidden Joy and for sharing how the breath prayer has become a part of your day. It is a tiny but powerful and effective way to pray as we remind ourselves throughout the day of God's Truth. Please keep me posted and let me know how God uses this prayer to do His transforming work in your life.

Blessings to you,

Wendy

SheriYates said...

so sweet! I love the sweet things our kids say! We prayed with a baby in the hospital tonight and my 4 year old (she'll be 5 tomorrow) said, "these nurses and doctors think they are the healer, but only Jesus can really heal him!!" WOW

You are an awesome encourager. Your encouragement on my blog was so timely. I shared my personal testimony (one of the worst parts to me) with 1,100 women on Friday night! I was slammed getting ready for it and consumed - so I haven't responded. I was so grateful that you could see my heart! My heart is that many ( more than I care to type here) come to know God (really know Him) deeply and intimately - like He knows each of us!

My life is a story of redemption - Christ's life in me overflowing because I know the breadth and the depth of His great love for me!

I love people! I just want everyone to "get it" like He has flooded my eyes.

I am sorry you missed the starbucks give-a-way. Maybe next time. I will start doing them again when I am blogging more regularly. :-) Which is soon.

We have finished an 8 week study call Seek God. It is awesome (well, I love it) - it's for adults, but I use it with my kids - seek God with your heart (open it- forgiveness), eyes (seeing Him in creation and reading the word), lips (praise) , hands (prayer), etc. Soooo cool. We are giving it away at lifechurch.tv!! Soooo exciting.

We have to write much more, but are taking a short break. Therefore, I will be blogging more in the near future.

Ok - do I get the award for longest blog? You rock! I love your heart and your children from reading here! You must be one incredible steward of your children's hearts!
Love,
sheri :-)
Keep in touch!

Sandy at God Speaks Today said...

That was awesome. I love when God speaks to me through my kids and through nature. Powerful!!!

Sandy

His Girl said...

*sigh* beautiful...