home about speaking she cares resources contact

Thursday, January 08, 2009

walking in the cool of the day...or night


day 7 & 8
"One evening as he was walking and meditating in the fields, he looked up and saw the camels coming." Genesis 24:63
Once again we see blessing and answered prayers from that inward ministry to God.

How excited Isaac must have been to see those camels coming! Remember being young, single and just waiting for God to "reveal" his plan for your mate? I wonder how many nights before this night Isaac had walked with God and watched the horizon waiting for his bride.

Just as Isaac waited on God, trusted Abraham's judgment and trusted in God's plan for his future..."He loved her deeply and she was a special comfort to him..." Genesis 24:67 Such a picture of a Godly marriage.

Then when his beloved wife was barren, he went to his good God. The God of his father Abraham. Surely God would hear and give him a son. After all, God had already spoken concerning the promise. Isaac himself was a miraculous demonstration of the legacy. Our legacy.

I imagine that in his evening walk, once again, he pressed into the Lord, "Isaac pleaded with the Lord on behalf of his wife..." Genesis 25:21

I love the word pleaded. It means "to appeal earnestly" or "to afford an argument or appeal."

Isaac pleaded to a "God who hears" and that same God who heard his own father's pleas answered.
I am taking Isaac's challenge to take inventory of the dreams I once shared with my husband and the unanswered prayers we have ceased to even mention to God anymore. I want to walk in the cool of the day like Adam did with God. I want to walk in the evening while meditating and praying like Isaac did. I want to be so sure of God's character that I plead earnestly because I know I am talking to a God who hears, a God who answers and a God who's promised. I will pray with a renewed hope and a renewed focus to a God who hears and a God who answers. The God who will always do what he's promised!

4 comments:

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

He hears us, He cares and He keeps His promises...in His time and His way.

So good.

Angie Love said...

I can even begin to put into words what I want, need to say, but I know you know my heart. Blessings to you today friend. Love you.

Luanne said...

I found your blog via Wendy's! It is a treasure to be walking through the Bible with you gals!

Thanks for your thoughts--when I read your comment I thought of the "Father Abraham had many sons" and daughters. Do your know that kids song?

God bless!

Lora said...

Just read a comment you left at Luanne's blog about focus and wanted to stop by and meet you.

And I loved that your post ended with discussing a renewed focus. So nice to meet you.