home about speaking she cares resources contact

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Seeking & Guarding


A common phrase that I've been hearing lately is this: Guard your time.

I've come to set aside a time for the Lord and protect it at all costs. Some days this time is an oasis in a dry place and others this time is a war.

I want to give God my best. That's when I can hear him best. For me, it has to be when the slate of my day is cleanest...That's the morning before anybody needs anything and before I have failed them! And before I've failed God by messing up any of it!

It's also last thing before I go to bed at night. In lieu of television this year, I am reviewing my daily Bible reading, reflecting on my day and any changes to made tomorrow and recording my thoughts.

We're doing the same thing as a family. Morning devotions are still taking place on the way to school but in addition, we are praying and reading through the Bible as a family. We are using The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd-Jones. I highly recommend it for any age as I always take a lesson away from the readings myself!

Before we go to school, before we go to bed, before brushing teeth, before chores, before sleep...Seek Him first...

"Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need." Matthew 6:33

...And, I'm praying it sticks!

1 comment:

Joyful said...

You are choosing wisely my friend. You will never regret time spent with Him. How your heart encourages mine.

Blessings,
Joy