home about speaking she cares resources contact

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Sarah's Laugh

day6
"The Lord kept his word and did for Sarah exactly what he had promised...this happened at just the time God said it would." Genesis 21:1

I didn't hear my alarm this morning. I woke up way late. Yep, just the day after I posted about 5 AM. Isn't that ironic?

Well, I got up determined to not yell at my kids, "Hurry! Hurry! hurry! Hurry!" So I tried to gently urge them along, helping them all at one time, which required using my third, invisible arm that I morphed the day I became a mother.

I tried to remain calm and focused. The reality is it takes them about the same amount of time each day to get up, get dressed, eat breakfast and load the car. If I don't get them up at the same time each day, only then do we have a problem.

They were not unusually slow today. I wanted them to conform to my time table. A short and small one this morning.

I wonder if Abraham felt this way. I know Sarah did.
What are waiting for God to do? Have you given up hope?
"The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness." 2 Peter 3:9

1 comment:

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

I love the new header. They have gotten so big, I look at Palmer and think that should be Hunter!!

Satan was attacking you this morning!!! God is so much bigger!!