home about speaking she cares resources contact

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Outward vs. Upward


day 6 & 7
Like I said, I overslept yesterday. I woke up with a choice. What kind of words would I use? This is a choice I have every day.

When God spoke to me about 2009, he spoke the word, "Outward." He showed me he can't help but use someone who is devoted to him on a inward journey to move upward. It's a promise.

He then showed me about my words. How the ones that go upward are used to change the world starting with my small corner. He showed me how few those words really are and how powerfully good those words are. He showed me how most words go outward and fall lifelessly to the ground or worse. Some words even bring death when God uses words to speak life, I can be so guilty of using words to mortally wound those I love.

God showed me the ratio of up to out...Not good. This year many, many, many more words will go up rather than out I pray. I want my words to be fitting, worshipful and uplifting. I want my words to be worth their weight in gold. In order to do that, they need to become more rare. Not in a silent monkish sort of way (which can be good in a monastery) but in a gentle mommy and loving wife sort of way.

"(God) has singled (Abraham) out so he will direct his sons and their families to keep the way of the Lord by doing what is right and just. Then God did all he promised." Genesis 18:19
Lord, teach me to lead them by example for I know you will do what you promise. There are certain things the Lord has singled me out for...parenting these particular children, helping this particular man, living here, working there, leading them..."For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10
Lord, let me be trusted to do what you've called me to do. Single me out for your purposes.
"Abraham was now a very old man, and the Lord had blessed him in every way." Genesis 24:1
This was before Isaac married. Blessed in every way. Every way.
There was peace Isaac would marry well. Belief God would fulfill the promise through Isaac. Our legacy.

The whole story of Isaac, from birth to marriage reminds me to pray for my children. The more I take my cares concerning them upward, the more I can hear God's promises concerning them. When God speaks worry leaves...Today I am encouraged to speak more words to God on my children's behalf, teaching them to keep the way of the Lord.
I pray you are encouraged by his word today.

No comments: