home about speaking she cares resources contact

Monday, January 26, 2009

My Story Monday

Over the last couple of weeks, I have had the awesome privilege of meeting many wonderful ladies here in the blogosphere. I am on a journey through the Bible with them and hooked up with many more through Lysa, Renee and the GNO postings. I have just perused many, many fine blogs that tell of amazingly powerful stories and I truly sit in awe of what our Savior has done in your lives. I have been weeping for hours asking the Lord what seems like a zillion questions.

After reading Lysa's post last week the Lord began preparing my heart to hear his voice, you see I'm beginning to recognize his beckoning. That's when I decided to quit procrastinating and figure a way to go to hear her speak. God came near as I sought Him and worked miracles so I could leave town for an entire school/work day to be with Him. After Lysa's talk, I was truly feeling inspired. I was really feeling God's pull. You know the tug. The one that gives you hope that the dreams you have, the secret ones in the very deep places, the-ones-you-never-speak-aloud-because-you-just-don't-think-you-can-take-what-the-naysayers-have-to-say-dreams could actually become more than just dreams one day. And by naysayers, I mainly mean the enemy of my heart whose loudest insults occur in the silence of my mind and resound in the darkest depths of my soul. You can't. Why would you? Who would believe?

You see, I have a dream. I dream that God would use me. Just me. It's not that I'm special or even talented or even have anything to offer. I just have these words. Simple. Nothing profound. I have this story. Ordinary. Average, really. You see, I just want my life and my words and everything I do to SCREAM praises to my Rescuer. That would be the biggest honor imaginable. Truly.

As I began to spend time with these ladies, all I heard was how I couldn't do that, how my blog was so inferior and who would care anyway. Silly talk. But the talk I heard. I silenced it by taking every thought captive (2 Corinthians 10:5)and by birthing a new determination. A determination to share...here...with you...My Story.

Just like Job said,"I will teach you about God's power. I will not conceal anything concerning the Almighty. " Even if it embarrasses the mess out of me and leaves me soul bared, eyes red from weeping, hiding-behind-my-computer-screen scared, I will tell of God's mighty display of power in my life.

So for the next few Mondays...or until my story is over, I will share bits and pieces of it here...with you. There are a million ways my Rescuer has shown up just in time to give me life when destruction was certain. Many of these times have never been put into words anywhere but deep inside my heart. So read carefully and handle with care, my heart is fragile but I'm entrusting it to you, my faithful friends.

Because His love beckons me,
Lisa

6 comments:

Lora said...

Lisa,
I'm delighted to hear how the Lord is encouraging you through His servants! And I'm looking forward to hearing your story! Your heart is precious to Him Lisa. He will use your tender story for His kingdom.
Blessings!

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

Oh my dear sweet beautiful friend. The Lord has already, and will continue to use you mightily. He has already used you in my life to speak Truth and wisdom and encouragement when I couldn't see it.

So I could be nothing but kind to my faithful friend.

I love you.

Joyful said...

Lisa, I love your heart of surrender and obedience.

Looking forward to reading the story God has written and is writing over your life.

Blessings,
Joy

B His Girl said...

How wonderful the Lord is touching your life Lisa! The amazing thing Lisa is really all of us are ordinary and average, or regular. It is His light that makes us shine. I wrote about dreams today in the B log. Stop by if you can. Maybe the Lord has a word for you. I believe the dreams inside you will come to be.

Lindsey @ A New Life said...

Hi Lisa!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! It sounds like we have common feelings regarding feeling led to reach out with out stories and wanting to just be used for God's glory in some small way. I am about to start a series on learning to walk in God's love, and a lot of it deals with letting go of past hurts and insecurities we have when trying to follow Him fully.

I look forward to reading your story as well!

Have a blessed day!

Lindsey

December Rose said...

Lisa,

I'm looking forward to hearing your story... or should I say "His" story through you?

Thanks for giving me a peek at your heart - it looks broken and beautiful to me :)

Susan