home about speaking she cares resources contact

Monday, January 05, 2009

Inward and Outward


day 4 & 5:
He will use me. He has promised.
"...and you will be a blessing to others."

When I had many small children at home. God spoke to my heart and freed me. He removed so much guilt that I had over not making it to Bible study each week by simply whispering to my heart.

He just reminded me what Bible study is really about...Him. He reminded me my ministry was wrapped around my legs. He also told me to focus on my inward ministry. To nurture the relationship that was born and living in my heart.

He instructed me to stop calling my time with him a quiet time and refer to it as a time of devotion. My time in God's Word became less and less of a duty and more and more of a time where I poured out my devotion to the One I love by listening, by receiving, by worshipping. He built in me the discipline of solitude. And he continually reminded me that I couldn't help by become more involved in outward ministry as a result of this time.

When God spoke to me about 2009, he told me this would be an outward year but now I know that outward begins with inward.

When Lot got captured by the rebel kings (Genesis 14) some of his men escaped and ran to tell Abraham. Abraham had abeautiful inward relationship with God. Abraham went and rescued Lot. This is a beautiful picture of intercession. An inward ministry breeds an outward call to action. When those around me face trouble, do they know who to call to help rescue them? I know the Rescuer. He is a God who sees us. He is a God who hears.
"You are the God who sees me." Genesis 16:13

3 comments:

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

Beautiful.

Renee said...

Happy New Year to you and your family my precious friend! I love the lead new picture you have on here.

One of my goals this year too is to memorize more scripture...and not just verses but passages. In the past I have really been bad about this and it will take discipline for me. I look forward to reading more insights. Love ya!

Joyful said...

Beautiful post. The picture you chose to include speaks volumes. A heart kneeling in surrender.

Thank you for visiting my blog and for your comments. It's wonderful to "meet" you. So precious to be studying God's Word with so many others who are following hard after God.

Blessings,
Joy