home about speaking she cares resources contact

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Food for the Famished


Through all of Joseph's suffering and hardships, he repeatedly pointed those around him to God. Any time he received honor, knowledge or responsibility, he gave God credit and glory. Even in prison.

He told Pharaoh that interpreting dreams was beyond his power but not beyond God's. As God used Joseph, Pharaoh believed the truth, that it was actually God working. He calls Joseph "so obviously full of the Spirit of God." Way cool. How I long to be obviously full of God's Spirit!

Joseph's reputation is firmly established in God. God blesses him greatly. He is put in charge of mutiplying the food supply, in light of a future famine, for which God gives him a strategy.

Now for the kicker..."So with severe famine everywhere, Joseph opened up the storehouses and distributed grain..." Genesis 41:56

I pray that I, like Joseph, could open up the storehouses and feed a starving world. I am asking God for a strategy. Will you join me?

2 comments:

Luanne said...

The world is starving in so many ways, hey? Physically and especially spiritually. Thanks for writing this post--it made me think of this story in a new way!

Joyful said...

Praying God will use me to feed a starving world. So many are hungry for His truths. I too am desperate to know Him more.

Wanting to be filled,
Joy