home about speaking she cares resources contact

Monday, January 05, 2009

The Fame of Abram


days 4 & 5:
"I will bless you and make you famous, and you will be a blessing to others...all the families on earth will be blessed through you." Genesis 12:2-4

As I read about the call of Abraham, I was reminded how my life is much the same. I remember God speaking to my heart, "Just do what I say and I'll make you successful beyond your wildest dreams." So Abram departed as the Lord instructed.

And, since then I have left my home. I am living in a strange and foreign country (right here in College Station.)

I do get scared. I do forget. I do try to make it happen on my own and tolerate those who do. I do laugh sarcastically when I think all hope is lost and the time has passed. I do.

I need God to remind me over and over again of his promises. I need to remind me that he's given me a new name. He's made me new and I need to hear that. All the time...or I forget.

And, he's going to bless me. He said so when he told Abraham.

"...all the families on earth will be blessed through you."

1 comment:

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

Keep listening!!!

Love you.