home about speaking she cares resources contact

Monday, January 05, 2009

As for my reading...

day 2:
Cain and Abel. I was saddened over Cain and his mediocre sacrifice. Why didn't he just freely give all that God deserved? Why don't I?

The Lord spoke to me not too long ago about firstfruits. He spoke to me specifically in regards to my time. He patiently guided me and disciplined me into getting up and spending time with him early in the morning. When I had tiny babies and preschool-aged children early was 7 or 8:00. As I've transitioned into a mother of school-aged children who has duties outside the home, early has become 6:00. Then 5:00. Some days it is 4:30.

This is truly a miracle in my life. God touched me and I have become changed. I can jump out of bed to meet with him and he always shows up without fail. My firstfruit time is so much richer. It is worth any and every sacrifice I've ever made. Truly.

day 3:
Noah obeyed God.
Noah was a righteous man.
God found favor with Noah.
Then God blessed Noah.
Enough said.

***I just wonder if Noah ever doubted any of this during those 150 days on that blasted ark.***

1 comment:

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

I bet Noah did.

God is so worthy of 4:30 and 5:00 and then He turns around and blesses our obedience...amazing.