home about speaking she cares resources contact

Monday, January 05, 2009

Artist of the Soul



day 1:
The divine artist spoke.
The Lord spoke and it was so.
All it took was a word and everything changed. What once was a deep, dark void became light and life and beauty.
Lord, do that in my heart. Speak into the voids, the deep, dark places where there is nothing. In the dark silences make light and life and beauty happen.

Then the whole tree thing...
"You may freely eat the fruit of every tree in the garden--except the tree..."
Why? Why did Eve choose to eat from the tree in stead of The Tree? This drives me crazy! I like to think that if I were there I'd listened differently, done "better."

The truth is my life is much the same. God himself is calling me daily to sit at his feet as he claims the throne in my heart yet I choose so much less. Gazing at the pretty things that please my eyes instead of fill my soul is where you'll find me glancing most of the time. A clean house. A fit body. A lunch date. A nap. A movie. A phone call. A trip to the mall.
Lord, let me live like you've called me to live obeying you in love and devotion.
"He gave his life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us and to make us his very own people, totally committed to doing good deeds." Titus 3:14

Then the desires I have for my husband...
so basic, yet so true. Lord, help me to be a godly wife loving, supporting and following my husband's lead. Speak to him as he reads along on this journey. Change him with the power of your word...you speak
and it is.

The truth is I'm just like Eve. The plan for redemption which began in the garden was completed when on one tree of Calvary Jesus, who is the life, hung.
"He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed."

1 comment:

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

So good.

I have missed your posts.