home about speaking she cares resources contact

Monday, December 22, 2008

Relationships

You may have noticed that I've been rather silent here lately. I'll just be honest. This year being festive has been one more commitment. One more thing to mark off the list. I really hate that but it seems our daily life is so busy that trying to put up a tree and plan for a holiday in the midst of that has been almost too much at times.

We've battled sickness. We've traveled from Houston to Dallas. We're having our tonsils removed tomorrow of all days! It's been a busy year!

As of Friday night, our tree is decorated, our lights are glowing and some presents are neatly tucked into hiding. I haven't shopped for that famous traditional prime rib dinner that I brag about each year...but I will and I promise to post my recipes soon. Before Christmas and very soon!!!

The sadness and overwhelming feeling that I was "missing" Christmas this year lingered around me. Until...It snowed!

IT SNOWED in College Station, Texas. Snowed for hours. Covering our southernness in beautiful whiteness.

Something about the calmness and tranquility of falling snow and something about the excitement and energy it brings about in children is well...Christmassy.
With the falling of snowflakes Christmas carols started jingling in my heart and visions of sugar plums began dancing in my head.

As our family was having a snowball fight, enjoying the fleeting fluffy miracle, I was reminded that Christmas is all about relationships. As we honor one another by spending time together we celebrate.

Christmas is about the one relationship that made it all possible. So this Christmas season I'm praying you all find the time to rejoice in relationships especially your relationship with the One we worship.

4 comments:

Wilhelmine Mitchell said...

Palmer is on our prayer list. I hope the rest of the family is well. You have a way with words, Lisa. Thanks for sharing

texasmcvays said...

There is a season for everything!
I love you!
K

Jenn said...

Sorry things were so busy over the holiday season. But I am so happy that y'all had snow - how fun.

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Amy said...

Wow, a white Christmas! How exciting. I love you and hope you have a fabulous 2009!