home about speaking she cares resources contact

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I did it!


I joined facebook and I now have a problem. A habit. An addiction.

Call it what you will. I can't log off this thing. I leapt out of bed at 4:30 this morning to check out my new/old friends. In twenty-four hours I have reconnected with over sixty friends that I haven't talked to in fifteen or twenty years. Most from youth group so we were close. They made my life feel like I was part of my own "brat pack" and my life seem like an episode of 90210, big hair style.

The best/worst part is I get it on my phone. ugh! So you know what that means...laundry piled up, kids pulled out ten million legos among other toys, water was spilled and I laughed until I cried over shoulder pads, huge sweatshirts, mullets, MC Hammer pants and perms.

I also cried tears of joy over the possibility of seeing people that I L.O.V.E. that I thought were lost from my life forever. It's nice to know they miss me too and are just as ready to reconnect!
Long live The Heights!!

3 comments:

Kathryn, Michael & Alex said...

How funny!!

Never in a million years would I have expected that.

The Mitchells said...

I think it has become Facebook: The RHBC Version...it seems like all of us have become so much more addicted since we've all reconnected...and since the pictures started getting posted. So good to catch up there and now on blogs.
Andrea (Roughton) Mitchell

Lisa said...

And the addiction never goes away...