home about speaking she cares resources contact

Friday, November 21, 2008

Being Known


Ephesians 5:1

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free."

Have you ever asked yourself who you really are? Is the me people see the same me that I know?

Recently I have begun asking myself these questions. Is the me "in the flesh" the same person I am in my heart? Do all my actions and words reflect my innermost attitudes and beliefs? Do the values my life puts forth match the values held in my heart? if they don't, then why?

Often times, we get hurt by others because we've been misunderstood. Someone gets to know us and says we're nothing like they thought.

I want those around me to get a true picture of who I am, what I believe and the freedom Christ has brought into my life. If they don't, my flesh is in control of my life. Not my heart. That would mean my flesh is not free. I want my flesh to experience the freedom, Christ came to give.

Galatians 5:17 says, "For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the spirit and the spirit desires what is contrary to the sinful nature." They are in conflict with teach other so that you do not do what you want.

I want to be a person whose outward life reflects her inner self. I want my heart to be expressed. I want to be known.

In order for that to happen I must battle the flesh and its desires on every level. I must continue in this good fight and never give up until that day when I know and ma fully known.

I want my actions and life to fully reflect my heart. 1 Corinthians 13:12 "Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known."

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

hey!
To be honest we are not sure how long we are staying here... we are looking into options now tho. I would say if you are gonna come and you want to see us, come before spring :).... We shall see though!

Kathryn, Michael & Alex said...

Amen sista...that is true freedom. Now to get there!!!

Shonda said...

I am continuously struggling with the flesh. I need more Holy Spirit to help me. Thats has been my prayer so I wont satisfy the sinful nature so easily. Great probing post.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and a Happy Thanksgiving.

Engrafted by His Grace-
Shonda

Renee said...

"Often times, we get hurt by others because we've been misunderstood. Someone gets to know us and says we're nothing like they thought."

And oftentimes, others are hurt by my actions as well because it comes off as proud -- which is not what I'm trying to portray at all! It is a definite counterbalance and something I think that will continue to take me a lifetime to learn.

I want people to know me as a person that feriociously battles the flesh -- especially since I am witinessing to others to do the same!

Becoming Me said...

Glad I found your blog again!! I really needed to read this wonderful post at this very time. Thank you!

Sit A Spell said...

I echo your post...but we must remember that "all have sinned and come short of the glory of God"...we are flesh and can strive to be who we are in HIM, but depend on HIM in all things. HE knows our heart and it is my prayer as well for my heart and actions to line up, but I fall short so many times...very thankful for HIS mercy and grace.