home about speaking she cares resources contact

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

"October 15"


Today is the National Day for Pregnancy and Infant Loss. As I read this on Angie's blog, I was inspired to post something I wrote after I lost my second baby to miscarriage.

"Our friends, we want you to know the truth about those who have died, so that you will not be sad, as are those who have no hope." (1 Thessalonians 4:13 Good News Translation)


The Loss

In the stillness
You are there
Loving Your child
Showing You care

In the darkness
You are the Light
Holding me close
Piercing the night

In the crying
You are there
Saying my name
Wiping each tear

In the sadness
You guide me each day
Holding my hand
Leading the way

In the confusion
You shine clear
Lifting me up
Calming my fear

In the questions
You exchange joy for pain
Releasing Your grace
Cleansing my stain

In the weakness
You are strong
Surrounding my pain
Singing my song

In the silence
You bring trust
Strength to move forward
Each day I must

In the heartache
You comfort my soul
Healing my heart
Making me whole

In the sorrow
You show Your heart
Making mine whole
Where it fell apart

In the solitude
You bring peace
Come by Your Spirit
Emotions release

In Your presence
You make me whole
You restore
What the enemy stole

In Your glory
You will show
Why we must suffer
To be made whole

In Your arms
My pain will flee
I will rejoice
Completely set free

In Your time
You'll come for me
Standing in radiance
With my baby
Along with Angie and the other ladies on Bring the Rain, if you leave a comment here I will pray for you today. You are not alone in your grief.

4 comments:

Kathryn, Michael & Alex said...

While I have never suffered that loss, I pray for those who do and rejoice that God has a plan and it is good.

Amy said...

Beautiful. We are honoring our MOPS moms on Tuesday by having anyone who has had that loss light a candle and take an angel ornament. If you don't mind, I would love to share your beautiful words. They encompass it all. Love ya!

Wilhelmine Mitchell said...

Such a vivid poem. A poet indeed!

Jenn said...

I have enjoyed visiting your blog today. I have said this before but I love that you share your gift of writting here on your blog. God bless those who read your words here. Thanks for sharing.