home about speaking she cares resources contact

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Fireproof


We saw the movie this weekend. Finally. It is a great drama. A real tear-jerker! The situations could truly happen to anyone and so many can identify with the characters in the movie...all of them.

Although, I feel our marriage is so strong right now and we did reach a point two or three years ago where we just looked at each other and said, "We get this," I found myself really feeling these characters in the movie.

Their feelings, the words they said, the pain in their faces all touched me on a very deep level. I loved how the movie made it so clear that a good marriage doesn't change those emotions. God does. I liked how people's shortcomings were made clear and the distance was only spanned by God's love. I especially loved the main character's relationship with his dad. Special.

I think the world needs more reminders of the fact that marriages are worth the work, worth the determination, worth the choice.

It's a must see and I can't wait to get the book, The Love Dare.

Go see Fireproof.

2 comments:

Renee said...

Yes, can't wait to see it. Did you know that his real wife stood in for the kissing scenes?

Jenn said...

I really want to see this and have heard great things about it!