home about speaking she cares resources contact

Monday, September 29, 2008

The Very Long Week

Scratchy throats and annoying coughs
Body aches and high fevers
Sleepless nights and restless days

Trailer hitches and fender benders
Muted televisions and broken stuff
Over committing and under planning

Soccer practices and football marathons
Surprise rehearsals and understanding teachers
Gymnastics carpool and accidental naps

Intimate friends and deep conversation
Good coffee and old friends
Birthday parties and girlfriend gatherings

Early mornings and late nights
Messy bedrooms and fast food
Loving family and God encounters

All you who fear God, how blessed you are! how happily you walk on his smooth straight road! You worked hard and deserve all you've got coming. Enjoy the blessing! Revel in the goodness! Psalm 28:1-2

7 comments:

Kathryn, Michael & Alex said...

I am especially thankful for the old friends part even though we didn't actually drink any coffee!!

So good to see you and hug your neck.

I love you.

Jenn said...

Hope this week is not so long. Glad you got to catch up with friends. Hope everyone is feeling better at your house!!

Have a wonderful week. :o)

Rachel Kerbel said...

your blog is so inspirational! hope things settle down for you and all is well (stay healthy too!)

JungWoo Hong said...

Dear Juila Smith
Happy Birthday to you!!!
Happy birthday to you!!!
you look like a monkey
Happy birthday to you!!!

From Jung Woo Hong

P.S Do you like your new telescope
that I gave you?
P.P.S Did you see the moon?

JungWoo Hong said...

I miss you!!!
B-Bye!

Amy said...

Aside from the sickness in your house, you wrapped up my month in a much prettier way than I did on my blog. I love you and appreciate that you are so good with words. Keep up the inspiration. I wish you were in my MOPS group too and I wish I could see you in Dallas (but I will think of you while I am at Sam Moon) Happy Birthday to Julia tomorrow.

Marina said...

you are good with wrods!! love it!

we are having the same aches over hear ears, noses, throat ect...

Parise God we well all be alright,
marina