home about speaking she cares resources contact

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Sure as the Rain


Do you ever feel like you have so many thoughts, words, sentences, half ideas floating around, swirling, fighting, wrestling to become the one that comes to completion first in your head or on your paper?

I do.

Right now.

I do.

I am in one of those crazy existences where I go to sift and sort and think. Seriously, I look like I am doing nothing. I stand in one place staring for a really long time, I read and reread blogs, books, passages of Scripture until I can make sense of what I feel like I am trying to say comes. Then I still these spirals of thought and listen for the heart of God.
Right now the words in bold are glory and revelation. Look for more thoughts on those real soon. It's like I can write and rewrite in my head a zillion times, a gajillion different ways what I'm trying to convey but when I sit down to type or to write, it's jibber jabber. It's still a wordless maze of words. Does that make sense to anyone but me?

I used to dread these times, hating how I felt so unproductive and incoherent. Now, I embrace them making use of the opportunity to be still before my Lord.

Usually, it's because God is giving me fresh revelation. Revelation of who He is. Reminders of who He is. Times of refreshing. An invitation to press into the Lord. The promise for persevering through these times is water that comes to a dry place. Refreshing that comes where staleness has crept in to reside.

Last night as I laid in bed and listened to the rain falling, I was reminded that just as surely as the rain will come to the earth in due time, God will come to us. The dryer it gets, the hotter it gets, the more we need the rain, long for the rain, appreciate the rain.

"Let us acknowledge the LORD; let us press on to acknowledge him. As surely as the sun rises, he will appear; he will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth." Hosea 6:3

"Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord," Acts 3:19

The energy that results is the ability to live Life with a capital L.

So, I will be pressing on, refueling and being refreshed. Then I will be back sharing the sweet living water of spring rains.

2 comments:

Shonda said...

Let it soak in...
He is the Living Water!

I cant wait to read what He's pouring into you.

Engrafted by His Grace-

Renee said...

I go throught the sift and sort thing a lot! Especially lately! I find that during this time God is weeding out the unrighteouness so that He can perfect me to walk in holiness. Sometimes I just don't like it as I can't seem to focus! But oh, what God is doing with that. His ways are definitely not my ways!