home about speaking she cares resources contact

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Alyssa Riley Day


Happy Birthday, Sweet Alyssa!

I can't believe it's been seven years. Seven whole years since you were born making us so proud.

We love your fun-lovin', creative-makin', animal-actin', rockstar tricks. I love your laid back personality and how you can make anything a toy.

I love your Hannah Montana shoes and your Camp Rock hat.

I love your sweet singing voice that you just discovered this summer.

I love how you love bugs but can't stand the way they tickle you when they crawl on you so you won't even touch a doodle-bug.

I love how you can be such a help to me. I love to have you alone. I love to hear your made-up stories and the things you dream about at night.

I love how you want to share the stage all the time.

I delight in your hugs and kisses.

I love to see you growing and rejoice as you mature into who you were created to be.

I pray your year is so phenomenally fun and that being seven is all you ever hoped for and you remember it with great joy!

"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, 19and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength." (Ephesians 1:17-19)

6 comments:

Kathryn, Michael & Alex said...

Happy Birthday Alyssa!!

God is making you into such a beautiful young lady.

I hope you have a fabulous day.

Renee said...

Hugs to the birthday girl! Great verse too.

Amy said...

Happiest day!! Hard to believe she is seven. Hope you both have a terrific day.

Jenn said...

What a sweet post! Happy birthday to your precious girl.

Marina said...

Happy Birthday Alyssa !! hope is a
FABULOUS DAY!! ") marina

JungWoo Hong said...

Dear Lisa,

Hi. This is Ic-Pyo, Hong, Jung-Woo's Dad. I heard from Hyung-Sook about Alyssa's birthday. Please, send our congratulation to her. Hyung-Sook always want to write a email or Jung-Woo's greeting video to your family, but she can't because she is not good at computer. Sometimes Jung-Woo said "I want to go America again to meet his friends. I am worrying my friends cannot remember me". Whenever I see your blog, your kids always surprised me especially for Palmer. He is really growing up. Yesterday, we looked Google earth to find your house. It was amazing that we can see your house. We always hope to see you and your lovely kids again.