home about speaking she cares resources contact

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Voices


Casting Crowns has a song about "The Voice of Truth tells me a different story...it says do not be afraid."

We hear so many voices in life. We listen to the voice that tells us we're over-the-top, too loud, not organized enough, not orderly enough, not the best, all alone. You name it, the voices of this world have tried to make somebody believe it.

The Smith Team is involved with a coach, one of my personal heroes, real estate guru, Chad Goldwasser. Chad's team in Austin closed 550 deals last year and he credits his success to his amazingly positive spirit.

He has challenged us to train our minds to dwell on affirmations to grab, throttle and choke out all of the negativity in our lives. He uses a wake-up statement to start his day on the right foot.

Implementing his strategies have revolutionized my attitude and I love it! Why?

Because people will let you down every time. God has equipped us with the truth. I don't need others to tell myself what He's already said is true about me.

1 Samuel 30:6 says, "David was greatly distressed...But David encouraged and strengthened himself in the Lord his God."

Bible teacher Karen Chaffin says as we continue our destiny we must learn this, "God will even blind the eyes and deafen the ears of our closest friends in those moments so we can learn to minister to ourselves." She goes on to say, "Our battle with fear never ends."

In each role I play I feel failure on occasion. A child has a public meltdown, I lose a real estate deal, I don't get a special invitation, unexpected company sees laundry all over the living room and the list could go on forever.

The Lord has been teaching me to encourage myself by repeating the truths he painted on my heart so long ago and meditating on the truth of His Word.

Listen to the Voice of Truth and go where He leads you for His glory.

4 comments:

Kathryn, Michael & Alex said...

Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,that I may fear your name.
I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever. Psalm 86:11-12

I pray that we will listen to Him above all else, even when it is tempting to listen to the world.

Thanks for sharing...I miss you.

Angie Love said...

I am going through Beth Moore's study, Believing God. One of the statements of faith is, "I am who God says I am."
Lisa, you are who God says you are!! I love that Lisa!

Renee said...

This verse lately really encourages me when I feel down. It reminds me to fight the bad thinking with the tools that the Lord has provided us!

Eph 6:11-18, Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Jenn said...

I enjoyed catching up on your blog this morning. Thank you for this post. It is easy to listen to voices that tell you lies instead of focusing on God's voice. Have a great day!