home about speaking she cares resources contact

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

For the Doubting Thomas

Today I am rejoicing! God has miraculously healed a precious friendship in my life.

One that the enemy took and twisted until it was frayed and strained to the point of brokenness by a crazy, sneaky move that could only be defined as warfare. Really, there is no other way to describe it.

We were both victims of a terrible injustice and space had to be part of the healing. That was just the way it would be.

This circumstance left me wounded and bleeding. Many months ago, as I mourned this friendship. (I really thought it had died.) I lashed out at God about the "creativity" of the evil one. how could he hit us like that?

God simply spoke to my heart, "Have you forgotten who I am?"

He reminded me that He is the only Creator. He had allowed the enemy access to our friendship. He was not surprised. He would creatively restore it...In the time He had already ordained to do so.

As I began to wait on Him my turmoil subsided. My heart let go of its bitterness and anger until it once again swelled with only love for my sweet sister. The circumstance began to fade as well and my wound was not as raw.

However, the Band aid was still obvious.

And one question remained, "How could this ever work together for good?" (Romans 8:28)

You see, I love perfect, unmessy things. This includes friendship. You know, the ones with no hurts, no past to overcome and no disappointments to hurdle. FYI I also love my own imaginary world which is the only place these types of relationships exist.

This particular friendship was a safe place for me, one that had never let me down, a place I would run to in times of trouble. Yet, I know the only refuge I have is in Christ, my Strong Tower. (Proverbs 18:10)

Through this, my God has once again taken something of mine, revealed it for what it truly was (an idol) and painfully, yet beautifully restored it to its rightful place in my life.

The Lord has shown me a beautiful picture of brokenness and restoration in himself.

Once a wound heals, a bandage is removed and a scar remains. A reminder. The scar is the evidence that the healing has taken place.

Just as the scars of Jesus were proof enough to erase the doubts of Thomas, the scars our friendship bears will be proof enough for all the world to see.

Beyond all doubt.

He lives.


But Thomas said to them, "Unless I see the nail marks...I will not believe."
Then Jesus said to Thomas, "Put your finger here, see my hands...Stop doubting and believe."
John 20:24 & 27

2 comments:

Angie Love said...

Praise God!!! Praise God!!! I am so excited to read this post!

Marina said...

these is a very beauitful post the same thing happen to me however God has not restore it yet and maybe he won't sometimes God puts people in our lives for a season then they are gone, I thought that frindship was there too stay but I guess the Lord show me other that friend ship was not my God he is
I am heal now but the door is still close.thank you for sharing . marina