home about speaking she cares resources contact

Monday, May 05, 2008

Sick-Oh


For the last two weeks our house has been a germ factory. The same germs have been produced over and over and over!

I will spare you the grossness of stomach viruses, potty training and kids. Let's just say potty training stinks...Literally!

I will tell you how thankful I am for these last two weeks minus the nasty stomachy parts. For at least four days all I did was sit on the couch and sleep while cuddling with my kids...Mostly Palmer because he had it the longest. ***Sadness*** I was thankful for friends, especially ones who have brought me diapers and Clorox wipes when I went through this before. (Karen) I was thankful that I actually had those items this time. I was thankful for my couch and Janette Oke movies. Like I said, four days.

But after that, I was not tired at all. My kids mostly slept and I cleaned like a wild woman. I have rearranged my furniture (Kathryn :) and mopped my floors. I have cooked dinner and done laundry. By no means am I caught up but I feel great! I am not snowed under! Praise God!

The kids have been such great helpers. They like organization. The girls cleaned out tons of stuff. Julia sat outside Saturday afternoon for a couple of hours and made $11 towards her bike fund. The test will be to see if she can keep the money without spending it before she gets to go pick out her bike!

Even Andrew made a Home Depot run for light bulbs. I bought the wrong ones twice and then Home Depot was sold out and we were all too tired to go to Lowe's...I lose my breath just typing. I braved Walmart (both of them) in honor of home organization. Hold your applause. One of the trips was at nine o'clock in the morning, no traffic. You can give me a standing ovation for taking the girls to Super Walmart at ten o'clock at night. It took over an hour to get checked out at one of the two lanes open...I won't say more because I was thankful for Super Walmart, they had Chocolate Mudslide Creamer!!!

I have so much to tell you but it will have to wait until tomorrow. I am off to bed so I don't get zonked again!

Good night!

2 comments:

Renee said...

Glad the clan is feeling better! Isn't it great to have energy again! I was just reading this morning in Proverbs 31:27-31 that reminded me of you when I read this.

"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness. Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her. Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all. Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised. Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates."

Praise God for you Lisa! I know your family calls you blessed.

Angie Love said...

Noah just had his first ear infection! I spent Friday night holding him all night in the recliner as he whimpered and cried until his temperature hit 100.8. We then spent our Saturday at the doctor's office...poor baby!
I can't believe you are even able to type...blog. I haven't touched my blog in weeks...I am taking a sabbatical!
Love you!