home about speaking she cares resources contact

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Rearranged and Artsy

Not only have I rearranged the furniture in all three kids' rooms, I also have done some "crafty" projects. Those of you who think I am only a fashionista incapable of anything creative, think again!

And, those of you think I am a frivolous diva, think again! For all my crafts I spent under $50. That fifty dollars turned one little girl room into a tween heaven. She now has a place where she grow up (a little).

We turned a plain bulletin board ($4) at Walmart into this with hot glue and a feather boa from the toy box.


We turned a frame that swallowed a free odd-sized Hannah Montana into this.


We made a curtain, covered and padded a bench and graced a bed with one set of sheets! Okay, I haven't actually padded the bench yet. I need a staple gun. Does anyone have a staple gun I can borrow?


We framed CD inserts in frames we already had.


We spray painted ($2) some lavender shelves (from that little girl room) black.


The only other cost was for a few items to organize a closet that was once a wasteland and now makes this mother proud.


We've been busy and we've had fun. We are now finding it fun, easy and rewarding to keep it all clean! Yay! I love that by doing this I got to teach Julia how to make a peaceful home that reflects who she is creatively. I love that she had so much fun and so many great ideas. I love watching her express herself through her style and through all of her mountains of stuff. I love that she got to identify what the hindrances were in keeping her room clean and organized. I love that she understands that solving these problems can help eliminate stress and help make her life more peaceful. I love that she got it and that she loves the result. It's times like these that I love that she's growing up because I can see the mature, responsible, creative, expressive, fun girl that she's growing into.

"My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest." (Isaiah 32:18)

"Then they can train the younger women to...be busy at home." (Titus 2:4)

3 comments:

Kathryn, Michael & Alex said...

So cool...I am surrounded by bugs and wild animals!!!

I have a staple gun...let me know when you want it.

lisasmith said...

Oooh! I want it next week. I will call you and let you know.

Please reread this...I had typos!

Bryan and Elise said...

Wow- you are such a cool mom! Crazy to think that Julia is that old! Time flies!