home about speaking she cares resources contact

Friday, May 30, 2008

Perfection

My break from the blog is over, I'm back! I'm busy. I'm ready.

I've been thinking lots about the hustle and bustle of daily life. I've come to the conclusion that I can embrace busyness to hide my brokenness. After all, we're all broken, right? Who enjoys admitting that? So we busy ourselves, distract ourselves from our heart, making time another day to dissect the problems we cover.

I cover tears with black eyeliner, create a smile with shiny lip gloss and mask a broken heart with the latest bling from Charming Charlie's.


Not purposely and certainly not intentionally do I hide. My heart's desire is to be transparent and exude realness to all those around me. I try hard to not appear to be something I'm not...or do I?


I struggle.
I hurt.
I suffer.
I stumble.

I am also living a life of freedom and purpose because I am useful to a big and good God.
I've decided to be more intentional about cultivating realness in my life.


Starting today I will choose to stop trying to be perfect


and letting this busy world see me--my heart--

broken and mended oozing more of His Spirit through my cracks than I ever could pour from a perfect vessel.

Read this post(You have to scroll down the The Past and the Pitcher but it's worth it, I promise). Grab your Kleenex and please, please go read this post.

"If you only look at us, you might well miss the brightness. We carry this precious Message around in the unadorned clay pots of our ordinary lives. That's to prevent anyone from confusing God's incomparable power with us. As it is, there's not much chance of that. You know for yourselves that we're not much to look at. We've been surrounded and battered by troubles, but we're not demoralized; we're not sure what to do, but we know that God knows what to do" 2 Corinthians 4:7-8

1 comment:

Kathryn, Michael & Alex said...

I am so glad that even though we are all broken, God wants so badly to heal each of us for His glory, in His way.

Thank You Jesus that You love us so much that even though we are hurting, You never leave us. Let us live in that love.