home about speaking she cares resources contact

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Pieces of Me

Like cold water to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far [home] country. Proverbs 25:25

My life is like a jigsaw puzzle. All the pieces are clearly defined in odd, unique shapes. Seemingly at first glance, they don't fit together. But really they fit together perfectly and form a beautiful picture, an original mosaic created by the world's best Artist, The Author of life itself.

Right now, there's no space between the pieces, no room,m no time. They only fit together one specific, rigid way. One piece comes loose and the whole puzzle falls apart.

I've been like a soldier in boot camp, preparing for a purpose worth fighting for, a victorious cause. Training is rigorous. It takes most all hours of the day. There's not much time for anything else at all. As a matter of fact, there are times I downright miss the life I had before boot camp. Because I've gone through boot camp of sorts before I know my life will never be the same. I will become a different person through this process and after awhile my new soldier-lifestyle will be so good I'll no longer miss civilian life.

My life is full of activities and exercises that I will need as part of my new soldier life. Coffee, carpool, softball games, soccer practices, committee meetings, ballet class, Bible studies and real estate...all with a two-year-old firecracker, a husband to help, children to serve, friends to pursue and clients to please are all parts of the picture.

I'd been telling God I couldn't go on like this but he came. He strengthened me, lifted me up and gave me new mercies to complete this season of physical endurance.

I surrendered once again to the Potter's hand knowing the rest of this life pales to forever in eternity. He released me fly, commissioned me to fight and moved me forward in my destiny releasing me to share my story with others on a similar path.

As mountaintop revelation from him is painfully, slowly, awkwardly integrated into my life, my faith will soar, fears will leave and I'll rest by living in a quiet trust.

"From a far off land I summon a person to fulfill my purpose." Isaiah 46:11

2 comments:

Kathryn, Michael & Alex said...

I was thinking the other day that even with all you have going on, I know that you are in God's will because your physical body is not sick...that is what He used to use to tell you to slow down.

Keep letting Him put all your pieces together!!

Love you.

Jenn said...

I am glad I have sometime tonight to catch up on your blog. Lisa, you are an amazing writer - thanks for sharing your heart.

I love that even with all the busyines of your life that you put you have "friendships to persue". That is something that I need to remember- making time to foster new friendships is something I do not pursue when things are busy. Thanks for the reminder.