home about speaking she cares resources contact

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

And then there was J



Last Sunday evening when I got home from my weekend away, Julia was already home and the other children stayed at Gramma's until Monday. It was so fun to get one-on-one time with her. We watched Enchanted, ate hot wings and got her ears pierced. Oh my! I wanted to do something special with her. She was really suprised, excited and very, very brave.



While I was gone, Julia spent the weekend with her Yia Yia and Pop. She attended opening weekend for the Round Rock Express. This is a tradition for her. Since she was two-years-old she has loved going to these games, meeting Spike the mascot and actually sitting and watching the game. Out of all the grandkids, she's the only one who can sit still long enough to finish out nine innings. This is pretty amazing since she rarely sit still in general. I think this year was pretty exciting since she's playing softball herself.



It's been a long season. She's the youngest on the team on top of it being her first year to play. She dreaded every game until...drumroll please. She hit the ball!!! Now she's a pro and can't wait to get back on the field. All it takes is a little success to make life fun.

5 comments:

Renee said...

So precious! We got Beth's ears pierced just about two years ago I think...glad we got that over with!

Glad to see the family is doing well. I like your new format!

Tiffany said...

You sound like such a cool mom!!!
I remember getting my ears pierced with my mom when I was 7 .... Moms are so special!

texasmcvays said...

Howdy!
The McVays

Kathryn, Michael & Alex said...

What a big girl.

You are brave and look so pretty.

Ms. Kathryn

Jenn said...

I like that picture of the two of y'all what a special moment.