home about speaking she cares resources contact

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Seasons

This week I got a glimpse into the future. I saw the seasons of our life changing.

I saw the curtain slowly lowering over winter's snow-covered trees while the crew backstage was hurriedly painting one last golden ray on springtime's sun.

I am famous for saying, "It's only for a season." This is so easily said to someone else. When it feels like winter has been around forever in my own life, it's much harder to believe.

I feel I have been in the "changing" of the season's for awhile now with the girl's in school and the boys at home. The busyness doesn't seem to stop and responsibility weighs us down.

Hunter went fishing on Monday. He wasn't home during the crazy morning rush to get out the door for the week.

After I dropped the girls off at school there was so much time before our 9 AM activity.

A glimpse. Red curtain a millimeter lower. Sun's final ray dry.

As the curtain lowers on the preschool years I want to enjoy the time I have. I certainly don't want to "freak out" or blow my top that there never seem to be enough socks in the drawers, clean dishes in the cupboards or groceries in the pantry.

I want to enjoy imaginary stories and big dreams. I want to marvel over how much difference a month makes. I want to kiss, snuggle and hold while I can.

All the while reminding myself that seasons are good. Because something is "only for a season" makes it even more enjoyable or tolerable at best.

I want to experience love, contentment, beauty and God's goodness during each beautiful and exciting season of my life.

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live...this is the gift of God." (Ecclesiastes 3:1, 11-13)

3 comments:

Angie Love said...

What perfect timing! Noah was up yesterday 8 hours in a row...no nap! I was wishing this season away by the end of the marathon we had yesterday. So after finally laying him down, I quickly checked your blog for a new post...and there it was. So before I crawled into bed I stopped at Noah's crib and just stood. I enjoyed. I soaked in this season.

texasmcvays said...

So true. They grow so fast, so fast and they have pink eye, throw up on you and pee on your slippers....but the season is still to short. I wonder for how much longer will I be typing with Pearsy in my lap, she'll be too big in no time :(
Kyle

Amy said...

Thanks for sharing. Noah starts college tomorrow. I am running out of time to make sure he can make it in the world. I guess that is where faith comes in.