home about speaking she cares resources contact

Friday, February 08, 2008

What to Pack?



What does one mostly stay at home mom take on a five day trip to Atlanta? Well, not just any trip, Keller Williams Family Reunion. This is a five day state-of-the-company, company bonding, who's at the top of the real estate market and how you can get there type shindig.

Can you trust internet weather forecasts? Afterall, I've only ventured outside this great state of Texas a handful of times. And, if it's cold how does one look businessy and casual while being comfortable and warm?

Does "dress up" mean after five or semiformal and how do I pack a cowboy hat that is supposed to make me look my "Texas best"?

This is my dilemma.

I don't know how to pack. I don't travel all that well and I'm scared of planes. Well, not scared of planes, just scared of throwing my guts up while sitting next to a complete stranger a million miles up in the air who can't escape the nastiness of this cute mom's puke!

Pray I don't vomit. We're taking Lost!

I do know that if I feel comfortable and dressed appropriately that I will feel confident, have fun and be productive. Sad, but true.

Pray my confidence would be in the Lord. Afterall, He's sovereign over black heels and turtleneck sweaters too!

"But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him." Jeremiah 17:7

I still can't believe I'm going on a business trip...I always say, "Lord, I've already been there, done that." Our God is sovereign. He always knew I'd be here. He's promised to prosper me and make me successful.

"For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome." Jeremiah 29:11

I need ideas, people. Tell me how to pack that hat! I may be stuck wearing it on the plane. Did I mention it's a KW red, sequined kind of cowboy hat? One Julia would have no problem flaunting. Will I? I did just see and appreciate one Hannah Montana...Let my inner rockstar out!

Besides the packing dilemma, my day consists of shuffling kids, organizing for a week that includes George the Monkey, Valentine's parties and field trips. Once again, I am reminded that God is the best parent, a faithful father.

"He will feed His flock like a shepherd: He will gather the lambs in His arm, He will carry them in His bosom and will gently lead those that have their young." Isaiah 40:11

Once the kids are squared away and the suitcase is shut...We're off.

That is me and dear husband. Off, alone (sort of) for five days, for the first time in five years...and so close to Valentine's Day...

I can hardly imagine...

Whew!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Have a terrific trip. I will pray you don't get sick. Have fun!!!

Renee said...

I love Atlanta! Watch out for the traffic...it's bad there. Trey will be there next week too. As far as advice on packing...beats me! Have fun.